CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

I woke up around noon for like, the 1000th time. It was already Thursday, and my suspension was going by really fast. Maybe its because this has been probably one of the most eventful weeks of my life. I mean, c'mon. There was last Saturday, and monday, and then the rest of the week basically summed up my relationship life: awkward.

I don't mean to be an awkward little fuck around Brooke, but I am. I don't know, she makes me really nervous, yet excited, but also completely anxious I'm gonna screw things up. I really don't know how to handle it, because no one's ever done that to me before. I probably layed on that couch for at least an hour and a half, going over the last time Brooke was with me since Monday. I could tell she felt pretty akward as well, but I just really hope things will get less uncomfortable about us. Because I really do like her, and the ast thing I want is for her to decide against this whole "relationship" thing with me.

I sat up and realized I haven't talked to Michael since monday. We've texted like once, only because I had to tell him I was suspended. I didn't want to tell him what happened between me and Brooke for two reasons. One, he didn't ask, and two, I don't know what he would think of me having a girlfriend. If you even called Brooke my girlfriend. I decided to text Michael, even though it was still 5th period for him.

"I'm coming over after school." I said.

":("

"Whats that supposed to mean you fucker"

"I'm kidding ofc I want you in my house<333 and plus, you need to tell me more about what happened on Monday because im still pretty confused"

"yeah, theres a lot i need to tell you"

Michael didn't reply, probably because he's still in school. I hung out inside my house for a little bit longer, then decided to head over to Michael's house around 3:00.

Michael only lives about a 5 minute drive from me, and his neighborhood is pretty ghetto. I mean, its not that bad but its like right next to down town and whatnot. I drove over there, and parked in his driveway. They never locked the front door so I just let myself right in, like I always do. I'm over here more than I probably should be, but his parents love me

"Michael?" I called out as I entered the small living room.

"Up here!" I heard Michael's voice from across the one story house.

"Hey Ashton!" Michael's mom said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Afternoon Mrs. Clifford." I smiled as I took an apple off the counter. Honestly if it wasn't for Michael's kitchen and the pity I got from his parents, I would probably be 30 pounds underweight. I walked down the hall and into Michael's room, to find him sitting on his bed doing chemistry homework.

"Hey man." I said as I sat down on his desk chair.

"How's suspension?" Michael laughed.

"Don't act like you don't know what it feels like." I said, remembering all the good times we've gotten suspended together.

"Thats true," Michael replied, throwing his textbook onto the floor. "The jocks give me such dirty looks now and I'm just like what the fuck."

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Yeah! And that kid Luke, he's like Nick's best friend and he sits behind me in pre calc and I can like, feel the hate in the air. Don't know what the hell I ever did to him."

"Do you ever see Brooke?" I asked out of nowhere. The words just slipped. Michael laughed slightly and looked down at his hands.

"What?" I asked.