CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

I walked hasitly over to the tree and recognized Ashton with Michael and Calum. Ashton was laughing at something Michael said and I could hear his high-pitched laugh from where I was walking. I smiled to myself and walked up to the group.

"Oh hey babe." Ashton said sweetly as he draped his arm over my shoulder.

"Ready to go?" I asked. He nodded and we said goodbye to everyone and walked off towards the back parking lot. Ashton's arm was still over my shoulder and he brought me closer everytime we passed a group of jocks. I saw Luke, and his eyes met mine. He recognized me and gave a nice smile. I returned one to him and kept walking.

At least Luke was nice about everything that happened between me and his best friend. Then again, it could be because he's going on a date Jessie, and he knows we're friends.

We finally got to Ashton's truck and he opened the door for me. He hopped in the driver's seat and I turned the radio on and let a heavy rock song come through the speakers. Ashton's taste in music actually not that bad, as I think about it now. We took a couple turns and we quickly got to my house, because I don't live that far from campus. Ashton's car came to a stop and we both got out. 

"I don't think my parents are home." I said. My dad works until 7:00 every night, and my mother gets off around 3:00. Ashton nodded and followed me to the front door. I took the key out of my bag and jammed it into the front door and opened. I saw Ashton's eyes widen as we stepped inside. I shut the door behind me and tried not to feel bad.

"Its nice." Ashton squeaked.

"Here lets go into the kitchen." I said. I took him by the hand as his eyes wandered around my big living room. His hand was extremely sweaty.

"Mom?" I called out to break the silence. No answer.

"Yeah no one's here." I confirmed as we sat down at the kitchen table.

"Damn this place is awesome." Ashton remarked. I could tell he was pretty overwhelmed, and I didn't see how he wouldn't be.

"Its nothing much." I replied, trying not to sound like a spoiled teenage girl. I reached down to pull my binder out of my bag. I sat back up to see Ashton staring at something over in the kitchen. I looked behind me, but saw nothing important.

"You okay Ash?" I laughed, turning back to face him. 

"You have bananas." He replied. His australian accent was out, and he sounded like your typical aussie as he said this.

I let out a laugh and got up and walked to the bowl of fruit that sat on the counter in the kitchen. I unnattached a banana from the group of them that sat in the bowl.

"You're an odd person, Ashton Irwin." I said as I handed it to him.

"I get that a lot." He laughed as he peeled the fruit. I flipped through Ashton's geometry book until I found the page I was looking for. Shit, proofs are hard. I remember hating them freshman year. I looked back up at Ashton and he was sat quietly eating the banana. He reminded me of a little kid and a quiet chuckle escaped my lips.

"What?" He asked.

"You know what they say," I replied, mimicking the tone of voice he had said those exact words in last weekend. "You should never look someone in the eyes while eating a banana."

"Huh?-Oh." Ashton and I laughed and I asked him how much he missed during his suspension.

"Oh my God I missed so much." Ashton replied with a groan, his mouth full of banana.

"Well then, we better get started-" I said, but I was interrupted by the sound of the door to the garage opening and shutting. I heard my mom's heel's on the tile floor down the hall.