CHAPTER TWELVE

The rest of the weekend consisted of homework, but thats alright. After Saturday night, my weekend was set. Monday morning seemed to come almost instantly. I rolled out of bed as my alarm clock beeped ever so loudly. I took a quick shower, changed into my usual type of attire, and braided my long brown hair. The plan was to let it dry and then unbraid it later on in the day. You know, no-heat waves.

I grabbed an apple to eat in the car and hoped in my mother's mini van. As we drove, my mother asked me about my date on saturday.

"Was at the office all day yesterday and I didn't ask you!" she said happily. "How was your date?"

I smiled. "It was amazing," I said. I decided to tell her. "I had my first kiss."

"Brooke!" she said.

"Is that bad?!" I asked. Crap.

"No no its fine! Congrats!" my mother assured. "I'm glad you didn't waste it on someone you didn't like."

I relaxed, and gave her more and more details about the date until we pulled up to Palo Verde.

"Thanks mom!" I said behind my shoulder as I closed the car door. I walked into the courtyard and realized I was really early. I looked around until I saw a broad shouldered football player. Nick. I quickly walked until I was behind him. I tapped his shoulder playfully and he turned around from the friends he was talking to. A smile instantly spread across his face. "Hey!" he said happily as he gave me a hug. I felt his a hand slide down my back and I pulled away. There were people around.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something." Nick said.

"Sure whats up?" I asked.

"Well, this Saturday's Halloween, and I was wondering if you wanted to come to my halloween party. Me and my older brother always throw one every year. Its huge."

I thought about that for a second. I totally forgot this Saturday was Halloween. I didn't have any plans anyways, but I have never been to a "party" before. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Jessie's voice.

"Aww ya'll are so cute!" She said happily to me and Nick. I blushed and gave her a little push.

"Your friends can come too!" Nick said.

"Come to where?" Jessie asked. Then her face lit up. "Oh! Your Halloween party-thing you always have?"

Nick nodded and Jessie looked extremely happy. "YES oh yes we have to go!" she said to me. I turned to Nick and smiled.

"We would love to go!" I said. Nick's eyes beamed and he gave a little "woohoo!", which was very cute. The bell rang and I said goodbye to Jessie and Nick and headed to 1st period. Art. I sat down in my seat and waited for the res tof the class to file into theirs. The bell rang and Ashton wasn't there. I didn't care, but I was amused at the amount of times he's been late/absent.

Ms. Hullen greeted the class and took out her roll-call chart. Suddenly the door opened and in walked Ashton. He wore the usual: black skinny jeans. But, for a change, he wasn't wearing hoodie. He wore a grey t-shirt. I noticed then how big his biceps were and how badly he could probably hurt someone. She instantly looked up and sighed. "Mr. Irwin, late again." she said to herself.

"Good morning to you too." Ashton said sarcastically. He sat down across from me. I looked over to him, our eyes meeting for an awkard half a second. Ms. Hullen continued with roll call, and jumped right into the lesson.

"Alright class," she said. "Today we're going to be working with pastels."

I heard a quiet "Fuck yes." from across from me. I looked over to Ashton. His eyse met mine again and he looked away, embarrased. A chuckle escaped me and I turned back to Ms. Hullen. "One of the great things about pastels is that they're great for blending." She went on with the lesson.