CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT

"Michael?" I called out as I opened Michael's front door, letting myself in as usual. I had taken Brooke back to her house for the night, unfortunately. I wish she didn't have to be home, but oh well. I'll see her tomorrow or something. I walked into Michael's small kitchen to see his mum at the counter. Her hands tied her hair back in a ponytail, a frustrated look on her face. I cleared my throat, and she looked over to me.

"Oh!" She said, a smile on her face. "Hey, Ashton."

"Hi there," I smiled back, walking over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. It was really hot in here. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, just these stupid bills." She laughed. "Michael is in his room with..uh..uh-"

"Luke?"

"Yes! Luke, that's right. Sweet boy." she said. I heard Michael yell "fuck" from his room. "Michael!" His mum yelled, her eyes wandering towards his room. She looked back to me and shrugged. "I'll be home soon." she said. I said goodbye for now, and waited until the garage door opened and closed. I walked over to Michael's room, and opened the door to see Michael and Luke playing MW3. Luke had the most distressed look on his face, turning his controlling around, as if that would help him. Michael's eyes shot over to me, and he groaned.

"Thank god you're here." He yelled "This kid sucks!"

"I'm trying!" Luke laughed. I chuckled and took the controller from Luke. "Don't hurt yourself." I laughed. I sat down in between Luke and Michael on the floor, helping Michael gain back all the points Luke had so miserably lost.

"Where's Cal?" I asked.

"He said he's be here around 7:30, right?" Luke asked.

"Yeah." Michael replied, his full focus obviously on the game. He was blown up, and the round ended. "Thanks a lot, Luke!" he laughed.

"Shut up!" Luke replied. "And yes, Calum is coming at 7:30."

"What time is it?" I asked, turning to Luke. Luke looked down at his phone. I saw he had a text from Jessie. Ew.

"7:20." Luke replied. I nodded, and tossed my controller onto Michael's bed. "Can we get food?" Luke asked.

"Yeah there's leftovers in the kitchen," Michael said, getting to his feet. We followed him into the kitchen, and I took a seat at the table, taking my phone out to reply to Brooke's text message. "Do you want any?" Michael asked.

"Nah I'm good, I already ate." I replied. Michael and Luke came back to the table, plates of panda express.

"So Luke," Michael said. "You and Jessie?" His voice was jokeful, but only I could tell. I glared at him, and he winked and let out a small laugh.

"Yeah," Luke smiled. He looked like he was about to start blushing, and I wanted to throw up for him. "She's great."

The room went silent, and I felt very awkward. Thanks a lot Michael. I took another sip of my water bottle.

"Why does she always look at you like she wants to kill you?" Luke asked me. I choked on the water in my mouth and Michael instanly started cracking up. Luke looked utterly puzzled, his eyes still on mine.

"Well, um-" I started to say.

"Because she does want to kill him!" Michael laughed.

"Michael you're no help here." I snapped. I turned my gaze back to Luke, and kept talking. "We're just not fond of each other."

"Why?" Luke asked. "Shit, are you guys exes?"

"What? No no no," I replied, not really in the mood to discuss this. "We were just close for a while and then we had a little falling out."