CHAPTER SIXTY

The rest of the week went by so fast, it was amazing. Before I knew it, I was waking up on Friday morning at the usual and shitty time. This week was pretty boring, I guess you could say. I ended up only tutoring Ashton on wednesday beause the rest of the week he had to go to work after school. I must say, he looks really cute going to his little job everyday and making money to finally get that apartment for him and his granmother. I can tell by the quality of that place, it won't take him that long to get it. Oh well, he deserves it.

Luke had hung out with us on Monday, which was a surprise I guess. I really didn't know how I felt about him, considering his girlfriend is now my arch nemisis and I always seem to think back to that day he had kinda made fun of me with Nick. I didn't know why Luke looked to relieved to be away from all his other friends, and all 4 of the boys seemed so much closer than they were last week. It was confusing, but it made me hapy to see Luke was accepted by people so different from him. He ended up spending lunch with Jessie and Nick and everyone else in that clique the rest of the days of the week, and it made me sick to see him with Jessie, because well, yeah. Jessie disgusts me, now. I can tell she's starting to become friends with all those "popular" girls she had told me she hated at the beginning of the year, along with Annie, Amanda, and Abby. I haven't spoken or even looked at those girls since I got in the fight with Jesse a couple weeks ago. Its not that I want to or anything, I could care less actually. They were shitty friends anyways.

Ashton's mix tape has been on repeat since Monday, and I can't seem to stop listening to it. Ashton's taste of music has become yet another thing I've come to really adore about him. It was a very nice surprise that monday morning, with my name sloppily written on it and a brand new CD case over it. There wasn't a single song on that thing that I didn't absolutely love. Not only did they seem like Ashton-kind-of-songs, they seemed like they all had some meaning to him, which only made it more special. I want him to make me more, honestly.

I still think back to Saturday all the time. You know, when Ashton came to my door at almost 12:00am. He looked so tired, yet so happy and alive, and also very cute, like always. It made me happy, everytime I thought about what he came all that way to tell me. Yet, I still don't know how to repay him! Ugh, I really hope I can think of something soon. Something amazing, because he's amazing.

...

"Have a good day." My mother smiled as we pulled up to my school. Things were starting to even out between my parents and I, which I guess is good, right? My father still comes home from work later than usual, and I can still feel the tension in what should feel like the most relaxing moments in my house. Oh well, I'm sure it will blow over eventually.

"Bye!" I called over my shoulder, shutting the door behind me. I slung my bag over my shoulder, my tea I had brought from home in my left hand and my phone in my right. As I entered the courtyard, I saw Sydney and Natalie by the tree, their backs to the trunk. I walked over, keeping my head down as I saw Abby walking in my direction, probably on her way to the spot they usually meet. I kept my eyes glued to my shuffling feet as she walked right passed me, a slight "pft." escaping her mouth. What the fuck?

"Heard that." I muttered quite loudly, not bothering to turn around to see if she was looking back at me. I walked over to the tree, both Sydney and Natalie staring at me.

"Is that one of Jessie's friends?" Natalie asked. I nodded and she laughedhalf-heartedly.

"Where's Ashton?" Sydney asked. "He's usually here by now."

"He wasn't always like that." Natalie remarked, looking over to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Before you, he was late everyday. Literally, everyday! Then, you came along and yadda, yadda, yadda you make him really happy and he loves spendng as much time with you as he can-"