CHAPTER EIGHTY NINE

The bell rang on Friday afternoon, and I honestly had no idea how to feel about it. I mean, its great that it's the weekend, but now I'm just one step closer to tonight. I don't know why I'm so nervous about it, but I just can't see how it will be productive to sit in a room with Ashton, my mother, and my fucking father. Sorry for the foul words regaurding my own kin, but I really don't seem to even like my dad anymore. Oh well, what's the worse that can happen?

I packed my bag up, and got up to go over to Ashton's desk at the other end of the classroom. He looked up to meet my gaze, and flashed me an adorable smile. Jessie shoved past me, and I couldn't help but stop in my tracks and stare her down as he exited the classroom. Fucking bitch.

"What's the word, bird?" Ashton said, drapping his arm over my shoulders as we walked out of the room.

"Can we go to your place?" I asked, really not wanting to go to my house right now. Besides, I don't really see the point. We're just gonna end up there anyways.

"Of course!" He said happily. I smiled at his positive attitude, and kissed his cheek. We walked into the courtyard, to see our usual group standing in the usual spot. I made no hesitation to keep my eyes on the ground as we walked past all the jocky and preppy people, making sure to not make eye contact with any of those fuckers. I felt Ashton's grip on my hand grow tighter, and I looked up at him to see him glaring at all of them, with some of them glaring back at him. I tugged at Ashton's hand to get him to walk faster.

"Why are they so annoying?" I asked out of nowhere.

"I dunno," Ashton replied. "I guess the only thing they can get themselves to be happy is to make others feel like shit."

"I guess so." I mumbled quietly as we approached Michael, Sydney, Natalie, and Calum. I wasn't really sure where Luke was at the moment.

"Hey!" Natalie said happily, detangling her hand from Calum's to give me a hug. "You guys want to go somewhere tonight?"

I sighed, and shook my head no. "Tomorrow maybe?" I proposed at the sad look on her face.

"Okay!" She chirped. She looked over to Ashton and raised her eyebrows. "You busy?"

Ashton nodded, and tucked his arm around my waist. Natalie looked at us and nodded, finally catching up.

"Good luck," Michael joked, looking at Ashton.

"Thanks." Ashton said sarcastically, followed by a laugh. We said our goodbyes, and headed towards the student parking lot.

...

By the time it was about 7:00, Ashton and I pulled up to my house. We had spent the afternoon making Ashton look "presentable" as he put it, though I ended up just finding a white tshirt and a pair of jeans to roll up for him. Then we took a nap and now we're here.

"This is gonna be really fun." Ashton chuckled.

"Just smile through the pain, Ash." I joked.

"Smile through the pain?" He repeated with a laugh. "Come on." I got out of Ashton's old truck, and instantly wrapped his hand around mine as we walked up the steps of my front porch. I saw the lights on in the kitchen, and once again I began to feel extremely nervous. I don't want to do this, this is going to be awkward and a bad idea in general. At first I thought it would be a great idea... so my parents could see how smart and sweet Ashton actually is. But now, I wasn't quite sure.

"Hey." Ashton said softly beside me. I shook my head from all the thoughts I had, and I didn't even realize we have been standing infront of my door in silence for like, 30 seconds. I looked up at Ashton, who had an assuring look in his eyes.