CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX

Ashton and I walked through the mall to the record shop, hand in hand. There was no way I wanted to go home this afternoon, so I offered to come with Ashton to work today. As much as he said I will probably want to cry out of boredum, I didn't care. And, lucky for me, Ashton seemed just like he usually is: happy. I'm quite relieved, considering how fucking worried I was last night.

We walked into the shop, and instantly Ashton's face lit up. "This is my fucking jam." He laughed, gesutring to the song that played over the speakers and throughout the room. We kept walking, until I saw Cooper sitting at the front counter, checking out a stack of CDs for someone. He looked up as the customer walked away, and the look on his face was pure relief.

"Oh, thank God you guys are here!" He exclaimed. "The shop is popping right now, and everyone's out of town for the holidays."

"I can handle it," Ashton chuckled, generously taking Cooper's spot. My grip on his hand was reluctant to let go, but obviously I can't just go back there with him. I don't even work here.

"I'm just gonna hang around," I laughed. "Maybe buy a few CDs."

"I would love that." Ashton said as Cooper walked off to do something else.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well," Ashton replied. A familiar tone of his jokeful self was in his words, which made me relax even more. "What with my brilliant expertise, I have trained you well to know good music from shitty music."

"Oh, definitely," I played along. "Where the hell would I be without you, Ashton?"

Ashton shrugged an adorable shrug, and leaned over the counter to quickly peck my cheek. "Are you-" He started to say, but his voice haulted.

"What?" I asked as his gaze dropped the floor, his cheeks turning a faint shade of pink.

"Uh, can you spend the night again?" He asked. His voice was soft and sweet, but there was definitely a sense of desperation behind his words.

"Of course!" I assured, rubbing his upper arm gently with my hand. "I wanted to, anyways."

"Aren't you sick of me?!" Ashton laughed.

"I would ask you the same thing!" I replied. I backed up as people approached the counter, and I watched Ashton smile his friendly smile at them. "Ramones," He said, as if to make small talk. "Brilliant choice."

I couldn't help but chuckle at his hospitality, and he shot me an amused glance. He scanned the items over the scanner, and I took back my place infront of him after the customers left.

"You're so cute," the words slipped my mouth. Ashton laughed lightly, brushing his hair over his forehead.

"Am I?" He joked, placing his fisted knuckles under his chin. I nodded with a laugh, poking the little dimple on his left cheek.

"Hello my bitches." I heard a voice behind me. I turned to see Michael walk up out of nowhere, a CD in his hand.

"What are you doing here?" Ashton asked.

"I came to visit my hubby at work." Michael said sarcastically. He layed his hand over the counter, and Ashton put his over it.

"Aw Mikey!" Ashton played along. I just raised my eyebrows in amusement at them, mentally realizing how cute their friendship is.

"Sorry you've been replaced," Michael said casually to me, followed by a laugh. "No but I lost my copy of Chesire Cat so I came to get it again." He tossed a CD onto the counter and saw it to be some record by Blink-182. "And, Syd's out of town." He added.