CHAPTER THIRTY

I slid my phone into my back pocket as I walked out of my front porch and saw Ashton standing with his body leant against his truck, his head down as he ran his hands through his messy hair. "Ash." I said. His head perked up at the sound of my voice. He smiled and walked towards me. He wore skinny jeans and a white tshirt and he looked perfect.

"Hey babe." He said happily as I gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

"Ready to go?" I asked. He nodded and we both got into his truck. I felt vibrations from my back pocket as Ashton pulled out of my street. My heart half siank, half leaped in excitement as I read the mesages from Jessie. Her date with Luke is tonight, and I really hope it all goes well for her.

"What are you wearing tomight?" I texted her.

"Nothing." She replied.

"Cool."

"I'm joking im wearing jeans and a sweater! is that ok you think???"

"yes! that'll be adorable :))"

"Ok!!! ill text you later. luke's almost here omg"

"good luck girl"

"Stealing my clothes, huh Brooke Anderson?" Ashton's voice broke the silence in the car as I was texting Jessie. I looked up from the screen to see Ashton staring at his sweatshirt I still wore.

"Why do you say my full name, huh Ashton Irwin?" I replied with a smile.

"Because I like it. It flows. Broooooooke Andersoooon." He sang quietly. I giggled and my heart alsmost bursted with joy from the sound of his voice. God I loved it.

We kept driving, and I saw that we were by downtown again. I wonder how nice Calum's neighborhood was. Ashton said it wasn't super ghetto, but who knows?

We took a turn on a quiet street, it was probably a 25 minute drive. The houses were small, but it was deffidently a step up from Ashton and Michael's living conditions. But, still a huge step down from my neighborhood. I sighed as Ashton parked his car in Calum's driveway. It was about 8:30 by now, and I could see lights on in the house. I hopped out of Ashton's car and followed him to the front door. He pushed it open and I was surprised that they just left it unlocked.

"Cal?" Ashton called out. Natalie walked into the living room holding oven mits.

"Welcome!" She said happily. "We got cup noodles." I took Ashton's hand as he followed Natalie into Calum's small kitchen. Calum was standing at the stove, his back to us. He turned and gave us a wave, his mouth full of noodles.

I sat down at his kitchen table next to Natalie as Ashton went to Calum's fridge. "What do you got?" he asked as he opened the door.

"I don't know, honestly." Calum replied as he caried a bowl of cup noodles over to Natalie. Ashton bent over to get a closer look inside Calum's refridgerater and I noticed he was sagging his jeans a little. I tried my best not to stare.

"You little fucker you have nothing!" Ashton said frustratedly.

"Its 8:30!" Calum protested.

"Are your parents gonna be home?" Natalie asked.

"Nah," Calum replied. "My mom's got some buisness dinner and I think my dad's at an AA meeting or some shit who really knows."

I didn't say anything to that, because I didn't know how to responed.

"We'll get some later." Ashton conclued as he shut the door.

"Yeah bro go at like 11 because all the liqour store clerks are too tired to pay attention to you." Calum added.