CHAPTER FIFTY

"Black on the inside or outside?" Michael asked as he stared at himself in the mirror, flicking his fingers through his hair. "I'm thinking inside."

"So like," I said. "Reverse skunk?"

"YES good name for it." He replied. I laughed and walked out of the bathroom to look for food. "Where the fuck is Calum?" I said as I rumaged through the fridge.

"He said he was coming over soon." Michael called back. I settled on a banana. I groaned at the fact Calum's always late, and slumped down on the couch.

"What song are we even covering?" I asked.

"I don't know actually, think of one." Michael's voice replied from the bathroom. I thought about all the possible songs our band could cover right now. There isn't really one that sticks out to me, or one that I can just play on the spot. We don't even have a youtube account to post this on, but I'll probably get on that tonight.

Its the last day of break, unfortunately. I really did not want to go back to school for various, obvious, reasons.  I was dreading 6th period tomorrow. I was happy Brooke was there with me, but now I have to watch her sit next  to Jessie for an hour straight, and that kills me. Especially after last week, now I'm gonna hate seeing her next to Jessie even more than I did at the beginning of the year.

I still haven't thought of a song, because my mind drifted on to those other things. "I'm asking Brooke." I said, pulling my phone out of my back pocket. Just then, I heared the front door open. "WHO GOES THERE." I said as Calum walked in, his acoustic in his hand.

"Hey fellas." He greeted, looking into the bathroom. "Sick color, man." 

"Thanks." Michael's voice replied. I heard the bathtub turn on and I figured he was probably washing the dye out. I decided to get on with my message to Brooke.

"think of a song"

"why?" she replied a couple minutes later.

"JUST FO IT"

"fo"

"i meant do dammit"

"Give me love?"

That was actually a great idea, I hadn't even thought of that song.

"Thank you lovey" I sent. I walked over to Michael's room, pulling his box drum out of the closet. It was much fancier, nicer, and newer than mine, so I never brought my own over when we practiced. I heard the water stop running in the other room, and ran into Michael as I walked out of his bedroom. He ran a towel through his hair one more time and threw it back into the bathroom. "What do you think?" He asked, dipping his head down to give me a view of his reverse-skunk hair.

"Dude that's sick." I replied. Michael beamed and I ran my hand through his dried out hair. "You need to moisturize, though." I joked as I walked back over to my box. 

"Did we settle on a song?" Calum asked. he sat down on the couch and began tuning his guitar.

"What did Brooke say?"  Michael asked me as he opened his laptop, pulling up the webcam. It was a pretty shitty webcam, but its better than nothing, right?

"Give Me Love" I replied. I looked at them for approval, and they both nodded.

"I know that one," Calum said. He looked over to Michael. "Do you?"

"Of course." Michael replied. He looked at the angle the camera shot at us, his eyebrows cocked.

Michael's the type of person who's really good at computers and video games and all that other fun stuff that I know nothing about. He always pays so much attention to small details like camera angles and lighting, stuff I would never really care to pay attention to. I guess you could just say Michael's kind of a computer geek. If I had a dollar for everytime he's hacked a game or the school's website, I would be rich as fuck. "There." he said, somewhat to himself. I turned my box to face the camera dead on, and waited until came back into the room, sitting below Calum and I with his guitar.