CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

"Michael." I called out as I made it back to Michael's house around 11:30. I waved to his mother once again and walked into Michael's room to see all 3 of them playing Call of Duty. Luke's eyes shot over to me. "Where the hell did you go?" He asked.

"Nowhere," I replied, slumping down onto Michael's bed and running my hands through my hair. "But I need your help, Michael."

"With?" Michael asked, turning to me. Calum and Luke's team had won and they were high-fiving each other.

"How do you make a mixtape?" I asked, rolling off the bed and sitting down at his desk. I wanted to finally make that thing for Brooke. I decided Michael could help me, considering he's a tech nerd.

"Oh, just drag all the tracks onto the desktop and I'll burn it onto a disk for ya," Michael replied from where he sat on the floor. "Are you giving it to Brooke?"

"Yeah." I blushed.

"Awww, that's so cute." Calum teased. I rolled my eyes and pulled up that website that's perfect for getting free music. I don't think Michael minds, he uses it too.

I sat there in silence as the rest of the guys played another round of COD, and thought about what songs of mine I think Brooke would like. There are so many, I wondered how many I could fit onto one disc. After about 10 minutes, I decided on a good 12 songs:

1. The Reckless and the Brave- All TIme Low

2. Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana

3. Angel With a Shotgun- The Cab

4. The City- Ed Sheeran

5. Holiday- Green Day

6. Free Fallin- John Mayer

7. Miserable At Best- Mayday Parade

8. Secrets- One Republic

9. The Hardest Part- Being As an Ocean

10. Losing Grip- Avril Lavigne

11. Sex- The 1975

12. Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

I was debating whether to put the last song or not; it reminds me of my mum.

*Brooke's POV*

I woke up that Monday morning to the beeps of my alarm clock, unfortunately. I was really not in the mood to get up this fucking early and go to school. And plus, we had all 6 classes today. I also really did not want to go and see Nick and Jessie all in the course of 6 hours. Oh well, at least I had 2 classes with Ashton.

After Ashton came to my door randomly on Saturday, he left me speechless the rest of the night. He went back to Michael's, and I went back to my room; my mind pondering. I didn't know why the hell he just showed up at my door to "thank" me for everything...I haven't even done anything! Even though it does make me feel loved and important, it also makes me feel guilty. If you think about it, shouldn't it be me thanking him? Of course it should be! Just look at all the things Ashton has done for me. Maybe I should thank him. But I would want it to be more than just a simple "thank you", right? Yes. But, how?

I took a quick shower, throwing my wet hair into a quick braid and hastily putting on a pair of shorts and that really cute top Natalie picked out for me a couple weeks ago. I walked downstairs, deciding if I should text Ashton because for once, I woke up with no messages from him.

"are you alright?" I texted him.

"Yeeees, why wouldnt I be?"
he replied a couple minutes later.

"i didnt wake up to any texts :("

"HA i was testing you. you know, to see if you actually took much thought to my morning texts :-("

"of course I do you dumbass :("

"wow someones snappy today :/"

"bc there was no morning text :("

"i'm sorry, hows this: good morning my ray of sunshine! i can't wait to see you today :). thats what I was gonna say anyways"

...

"Bye mom!" I said as we pulled up to my school. My mother gave me a small wave, and practically sped off as my feet touched the ground. I sighed, and pulled my bag over my shoulder. I walked towards the enterance of the school, already pissed because it was hot as hell out here, when two hands came over my eyes from behind and a warm and comforting body slammed into mine.

"Rawr!" Ashton's giggle echoed through my ears. I let out a little scream and put my hands over his, my sight still blinded. "Ashton!" I laughed. I spun around to face him, and he just smiled down at me.

"Howdy." He nodded, and sloppy smile on his face.

"You're quite tired, aren't you?" I giggled, leaning up to kiss him. I locked our lips together, and let his hands come around my back. I let out another little scream as I felt my body tip over, and almsot fall to the ground as Ashton's arms kept me up, his eyes looking down at mine.

"Stop screaming!" He laughed. I kissed him again, an obvious smile spreading across my face.

"You're loopy."

"I'm not loopy," Ashton said. "I'm happy to see you!" his laugh was so adorable, I couldn't help but kiss him one more time before he brought my body back up, and intertwined his fingers with mine. We walked into the courtyard to see Calum and Natalie at the usual spot, laughing at something Natalie was showing him on her phone.

"Hi there." I said, taking my hand out of Ashton's to wipe off the sweat from the excessive heat out here.

"Brooke!" Natalie smiled, getting up to give me a quick hug.

"Where's my hug?" Ashton joked.

"Don't." Calum laughed, bringing Natalie onto his lap. I intertwined Ashton and I's fingers together, and leaned slightly into him.

"I'm tired." I groaned. Ashton let out an excited gasp, and I brought my body off of his to watch as he dug through the loose papers in his backpack. His face lit up when he brought out a CD, enclosed in a clear case with "Brooke" written out in sloppy handwriting. My face lit up as well as I realized it was my mixtape!

"It's about time!" I laughed, giving him a quick peck on the cheeck.

"I hope you like it," Ashton smiled. "I think you will."

The bell rang, and I put the CD in my bag. It was time for Art with Ashton, and I grabbed Ashton by the forearm, excitedly walking over to the art room.

...

*Ashton's POV*

By now it was 3rd period, and once again, I was bored as fuck in history class. I decided to just walk around and clear my head of all the fucked-up memories that always distract me of everything. I really wish it wasn't so hot out here; I miss cold or at least breezy whether this place doesn't have.

Luke and I were texting during 3rd period, and I told him I was out here, hoping he would want to ditch with me or something. I knew Michael wouldn't want to leave his technology class, and Calum can't miss english because he's failing miserably at it. And, well, knowing Brooke she probably wouldn't want to miss class either.

"Ashton." I heard Luke's voice from across the courtyard. I looked up from my shuffling feet and waved him over, taking my hands out of my pockets.

"Thank God you took me out of spanish. I couldn't take it any longer." He said.

"No problem dude," I laughed. "Shall we ditch?"

"Ditch?!" Luke asked, shocked.

"Yeah of course," I replied. "Haven't you ever ditched before?"

"No..." Luke's voice trailed off. "...I've been too scared to."

"Well, lucky for you, you have me to tell you that we're not gonna get in trouble." I replied. I turned toward the parking lot, and motioned my hands for Luke to follow.

"Wait, Ashton," Luke said. I turned to face him. "Can, uh.. I hang out with you guys at lunch?"

By the tone of his voice I could tell the last thing he wanted to do was hang out with Nick and everyone he told me about on Saturday. I didn't blame him.

"Yeah dude, of course," I smiled. I turned back towards the parking lot, and Luke followed me. "Can we get taco bell?" I laughed