CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

My eyes slowly opened to the sound of a muffled sound beside me. The sunlight coming through the slitted window just missed my drowsy eyes, and I shifted my body over to see where the noise came from. Ashton was next to me, his eyes gently shut and his brown hair pushed up his forehead and his mouth was slightly agape. His muscular arm was draped over my bare mid section, and I kept my eyes on his tranquil body.

"Ashton?" I whispered.

"Shut up," his barely audible voice replied. I was utterly surprised at this, my eyebrows furrowed as I kept my eyes on him. "You're not my father."

A switch in my mind flicked on, and I realized he was still asleep, dreaming about Hell knows what. His grip around my mid section was tight, and I had no idea what to do.

"Ash." I whispered, shaking his shoulders. I felt Ashton's leg twitch next to mine, and a small and quite adorable grunt escaped his lips. I realized then that I was almost completely naked, my chest bare as fuck. I, being me, felt uncomfortable and over exposed, though no one was here except Ashton. I sighed, and reached off the bed, throwing Ashton's shirt over my head. It smelled like him, and it felt warm and soft against my skin.

"Babe..." Ashton's voice said. His arm came around my stomach, tighter than before, pulling me back to his chest. "...please don't leave me." There was a slight hint of desperation in his raspy voice.

"I'm not," I said quietly. I scooted deeper into his open arms, resting my head underneath his chin. "Are you awake?"

"Naaahhh," Ashton's voice trailed off, followed by a little laugh. "I'm very much asleep."

"Alright, alright." I giggled, pressing a soft kiss to his chest. We were both silent for a while, just basking in each other's warmth and company. I was about to doze off again, when my eyes shot open.

"Wait Ashton," I said, shaking his body.

"Whaaaat?" Ashton replied, perking his head up to face me. His eyes were half shut and his messy hair fell over his forehead.

"Don't you start work today?" I asked. Ashton's eyes widened, and he looked over to the bed side table to the clock.

"Shit," he muttered, turning back to me. He slumped back down onto the bed, sighing tiredly. "You're right."

"What time does it start?" I asked.

"They said I had to be there at one o'clock."

"What time is it now?"

"Its only 10:30," he replied. "So lay with me."

...

*Ashton's POV*

"I'll call you tonight, okay babe?" I said to Brooke as we stood outside her house. My heart was about to burst right of my chest due to all the nervousness bubbling in my stomach. I've never had a job before, and I was so fucking scared.

"Of course," Brooke replied, kissing my lips softly. "Good luck!"

"Thanks Lovey." I said, wrapping my arms around her small frame. I watched as Brooke walked up to her front door, and gave her one more wave. I sighed, because I wish she hadn't gone. I wish she could come with me to ease the stress I was feeling, she was really good at that.

I walked back to my side of the car, slowly opening it and settling back down into the seat. I turned on the radio, and sped down Brooke's street towards the mall. Damn, I haven't been to this mall in a long time. Its way too nice for my taste, but oh well.

I drove for about 20 minutes, until I finally came to the familiar parking lot of the over-piced mall. I pulled into an empty spot, and got out of my car. God, its so fucking hot out here today. I turned around to face my reflection in my car window and inspected myself. For getting out of bed just 45 minutes ago after a fucking amazing night, I looked alright.

I thought back to all the details of last night as I flipped my hair over and slimmed down the winkles on my shirt. Luke joining the band was amazing, and I feel like now we're difinitely a full band with so much more potential. And then there was Brooke...fuck. That was also very nice. The way her hips moved against mine, and the way she talked in that voice to me, I've never been so turned on and intimidated by any other girl I've hooked up with before. Well, this was way different than a hook up; I actually liked it.