CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT

My eyes slowly opened the next morning, blinking a couple times to focus them out. I was facing the wall and window, and I could already tell its really stuffy in here. My eyes wandered down to my mid section to see Ashton's arm draped over me, and it took a while before my ears could wake up enough to hear his heavy breathing beside me. I sighed a sigh of relief that he didn't wake up again between now and the episode we had last night, and shifted my body onto my back.

I looked over to Ashton, to see his eyes gently shut, and his mouth opening and closing with each heavy breath he created. I watched in intrigument at Ashton: taking in the way he sleeps. His eyebrows would furrow together every once in a while, as if there was a thought-provoking image or scene in his unconcious mind. I felt his legs twitch under the covers, and his body only slightly rocked back and fourth. Small and quiet sounds escaped his mouth every time he snuggled deeper into the bed. It amazed me, to see the boy who can beat up anyone at one moment and have a nervous breakdown the next so... peaceful. He looked like a little kid, cuddled up next to me to help keep the nightmares out of his mind. He looked beautiful.

I couldn't help the tranquil smile on my face, running my hand through his messy brown hair out of habbit. My gesture caused a small smile to appear on Ashton's face, which only filled more warmth into my heart. Speaking of warmth, it's pretty hot and stuffy in here right now. I looked back at the window behind me, to see it was infact closed. Opening it won't really help with the heat, but it will at least let in some fresh air. I sat up, Ashton's arm sliding off my body before he just put it back around me. I reached over to the window, and with one push it popped open. The sound it made was not too loud, but loud enough to wake Ashton up.

"Brooke?" His raspy voice said behind me. He tiredly lifted his head, his eyes barely able to stay open. I settled back down, turning my body so we faced each other. "Hi." I said softly.

"What time is it?" Ashton asked, his voice going in and out of tiredness. I shrugged, because I actually didn't know what time it was. Ashton slumped back down onto the bed, his eyes shut again. I was relieved that there seemed to be no sleep-deprived bags under his eyes, and he seemed just as relaxed as he did while he was alseep just then. "Did you have a good sleep." He said quietly.

Not really, actually. Even though I was asleep for the most part, I didn't even up falling back asleep until maybe 45 minutes after I got Ashton to calm down. My mind had wondered off about all the worry I felt for him, and all the curiosity I had about it. Not to mention the fact that I was afraid I would just get snapped back into reality by another outburst. "Yes," I replied, softly running my hand from his hair to his cheek. "Did you?" Even though I knew the answer, I wanted to ask.

"Yeah," He smiled. His gentle tone surprised me. "It's not like I woke up or anything."

Well shit, I don't think he remembers. I didn't know what to say to that one, so my eyes just dropped to my hands that rested on the pillow beside me. "...Right?" He said.

"Uh..." My voice trailed. "No, you woke up once."

Instantly, a frustrated look came onto his face. "No." He said. I nodded, and he groaned, burying his face into the pillow.

"Why is this happening again." His muffled voice said. I didn't really know what "again" meant. And as much as I wanted to ask him, I felt like I should just keep my mouth shut. Ashton looked back over to me, his face now had a look of disappointment. "Shit," He said. "I'm sorry, Brooke-"

"No it's okay," I repilied softly, scooting closer to him. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Ashton was quiet for a while, but then he jus sighed. "No, it's nothing..." His voice trailed off. "That hasn't happened for a really long time, wow."