CHAPTER EIGHTY SIX

My eyes opened the next morning, an extremely weird feeling in my head. It took a couple seconds to focus my eyes out, but I soon recognized I was back in Ashton's bed for the 1000th time in 2 weeks. I let out a tired sigh, propping myself on my two elbows to look around the room. It was empty, a long with the bed.

"Ashton?" I called out, but my voice only cracked into a pathetic whisper. "What the fuck?" I croaked, clearing my throat. Damn,why the fuck do I sound like a dying man? I rolled out of bed, and stumbled over towards the bathroom. I lost my footing about half way over there, falling to my hands and knees with a thud. I sighed, and crawled the rest of the way to the tiled flooring. I gripped the sink and hoisted myself up, and couldn't help the surprised gasp I made when my eyes fell upon myself in the mirror. My eyes were red, my hair was tossled and greasy, and I literally looked like a homeless old lady.

"Shit." I breathed, rubbing my hands over my eyes. I spun around, and gripped the door frame as I limped over to the door. Where the hell is Ashton? I opened the door into the main room, to see Ashton sitting at the counter with his head face down onto the surface. I leaned onto the door frame and crossed my arms over my chest, confusion and amusement running through me.

"Ashton." I said, trying to get his attention. He didn't answer, was he asleep? I stumbled over to him, and stood across from him. I put my hand on his shoulder, and gently shook it. "Pst," I whispered. "Ashton."

"Huh- what?" Ashton stuttered, perking his head up with his eyes still shut tight. They opened, and I actually stepped back in astonishment. He looked worse than I did. He looked way worse, actually.

I watched as Ashton rubbed his eyes with his hands, and looked around our surroundings with his eyebrows etched together in thought and confusion. "The fuck did I get here." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. I raised my eyebrows in amusement, and couldn't help but put my hand to his forehead to see if he was sick or anything. It didn't feel hot at all. What the fuck is going on?

"What did we do last night?" I asked. Ashton's eyes went from wide to narrowed in a split second, and he just stared at me for a couple moments.

"You don't remember anything?" He asked. I shook my head no, and he just nodded with his eyebrows raised.

"Oh." he said casually.

"Yeah...?" I replied, now extremely confused and a little worried. "You wanna tell me what happened?"

Ashton went quiet for a couple moments, his eyes wandering around the room. His gaze avoided mine for a while, until he looked to my eyes and then straight down to his hands that were clasped together.

"...You broke a promise." He spoke up, his voice barely audible. Instantly my heart froze and my stomach dropped, my heart starting to pound. Shit, what the fuck did I do? As we both remained silent for what felt like 20 years, my thoughts somehow dawned back to just about 12 hours ago. I can remember the fact that I payed 60 bucks for a bag of marijuana, but other than that...my memory is blank. But, before I could protest, Ashton spoke up again. "Like what the fuck you promised me you wouldn't-"

"Ashton-"

"-say it's your fault and it was fine but then you did-"

His voice was starting to raise, an angry look on his face.

"Hey," I said sternly. laying my hand on his shoulder. "What the hell are you talking about?" Ashton went silent, and I kept my hold on his shoulder until the pissed off expression on his face softened. What did he mean when he said that I said that "it was my fault". What was my fault?

After a couple moments, though, my dumb mind was catching on. I could only think of one thing I could have been talking about last night.

"Ashton I was high as fuck last night," I said. "And so were you!"