Chapter 3

EDITED

POPPY

I was still standing in the kitchen like a loner when I had finished my drink and decided it was probably time to go see if I could find Penny. I put my cup down and started walking into the living room where loads of people were dancing and making out with each other. I held back a cringe as I pushed people who were dancing out my way as I tried to look around to find her. Just as I got to the middle of the living room I felt someone pinched my bum. I grabbed their wrist in my hand and turn it round, making them wince in pain.

"Dont!" I shouted sternly over the music and he put his hand up as he started dancing with some other random chick.

God, this is why I hate parties.

I started walking again but didnt see someone had their foot out, making me trip over it. I was waiting for the impacted of the floor but it never come. I then realised there were a pair of arms around my waist stopping me from falling over. Once I got steadied on my own two feet,he let go.

"Watch your step next time, babe" He said and when I looked up I realised I knew that voice. Everyone knew voice. Who couldnt know that voice. He was the leader of the bad boys. He was the guy every girl would love to get with. He. Was. Harry Styles.

"Er, yea thanks." I spoke awkwardly and tried to step away from him but he just stepped closer. I tried again but I just ended up stumbling, making Harry grab me so I didn't fall, once again.

"You really should watch where you're going." He said in his raspy voice.

"Y-yea. Well, I've been told I'm clumsy." I nervously chuckled, making Harry smirk down at me.

God, I hate being short sometimes.

"Do I make you nervous, love?" He spoke and I tried to seem confident and fine but we all knew it was bullshit.

Truth is, I was nervous. He was always getting into trouble, having fights with anyone who wanted one. I didn't want to make him angry because from the stories I've heard, that person does not end up well. I've heard stories where people have ended up in hospital because of him and I don't want that to be me. Although I doubt it would be, because people say he does not accept anything to do with hitting women, so I guess there has to be a good side to him. However, personally I don't want to see any side of him, I just want to leave. I knew I should've never come to this party.

"You shouldn't think so much." Harry interrupted my thoughts, the smirk still evident on his face.

"Why not?" I challenged but somehow wished I hadn't.

"POPPY! There you are!" I heard Penny shout over the music. I looked to my side and saw her standing there.

I backed away from Harry, making the arm that was around my waist fall to his side. She obviously didn't see Harry in front of me as he coughed to make himself known, making Penny snap her head towards the noise.

"Oh, sorry was I interrupting something." She slurred, obviously drunk.

"No"

"Yes"

Harry and I spoke at the same time, making me glare at him as he continued to smirk at me.

"No you wasn't but where were you? I've been looking for you." She shrugged at me.

"I don't know, off with some guys."

I sighed, "Like normal." I muttered to myself. "Come on, lets get you home." I spoke, grabbing her arm so she wouldn't fall.

"Bye Harry!" Penny shouted at him and waved, while I just shook my head.

"Bye Penny and I'll see you later, Poppy." He winked at me before I managed to drag Penelope out of the house and towards the car.