Chapter 36

POPPY

I was at my locker thinking about the how behind the school thing and I know people say "curiosity killed the cat" but I'm not a cat. I'm a human. I'm a aloud to be curious or nosy.

I slowly put everything in my locker and decided to come back for it after I've seen what the thing "behind the school" is.

I walked towards the back door of the school when I heard voices.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH HER!" I heard Penelopes voice shout like she was trying to get a lot of people to listen to her. "SHES DONE NOTHING TO YOU! WHY HER?!" She shouted again and I was wondering who she was talking about. Then I heard another voice, a males and I've heard this one before, Zayn I think.

"Easy. Because shes an easy target. Walls built around her and kept to herself. Breaking her would be so much more fun than anyone else. Thats why we made a bet. A bet to make her fall in love with Harry and then break her in front of everyone!" Zayn spat with no feelings. "So can I carry on!" He says and I move so I can see what's happening. I saw Zayn standing on a chair so this crowd of the school could see him proberly and I saw Harry looking down sadly. He was standing next to the chair on the floor but I could only see him through the crowd because he was so damn tall. After looking at Harry I notice that the rest of the boys are in front of me. They aren't standing with Zayn and Harry. It's like they've been split in two groups. I was standing behind the boys so no one could see I was here because they were so much taller than me. Liam, Niall and Louis didn't notice that I was behind then either because they never turned round they just carried on watching what everyone else was watching.

It was then that I noticed they had a projector that was showing images on to the wall of the school and has it was getting dark now you could see them quite clear. I looked up at the wall and saw it wasn't just random images, it was a picture of me and has he carried on changing the slides more pictures of me came up. Happy, sad and angry ones of me. Whats all this? Are they talking about me? Am I that person I heard Penelope and Zayn talking about?

"So you might think she's a carefree and happy person but she's not. She's a freak!" Zayn says snapping me out of my thoughts and that made me angry and sad. Yes I've been called a freak before but being called it again was a surprise. I thought I was past this but obviously not. I'm angry because he says it to everyone in the whole school nearly but he can't be man enough to say it to my face. I notice that everyone except Zayn and me flinches at this word.

He keeps changing the slides and even more photos of me come up.

"She has problems! Angry issues! She goes therapy for it!" He spits with so much hatred that I've had enough. I want them to know I'm here. That I can hear them. That I know what they're talking about. Why don't they just say it to my face as I'm here.

"SO WHAT! EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS AND GOING THERAPY FOR IT IS NORMAL! WANNA SAY ANYTHING ELSE? AND MAYBE THIS TIME TO MY FACE!" I shout, with the same amount of hatred, so that everyone can hear me.

At that moment everyone turns around. Some people cant see me because of Liam, Niall and Louis's tallness but everyone could have guessed it was me because I heard basically everyone gasp, so surprised.

"Poppy?" Louis, Liam and Niall all whisper at the same time and i shake my head at them pushing past them. I pushed past everyone until I got to the front right in front of Zayn's chair. I saw Harry was the same surprise face as everyone, including Zayn, that I was here.

"Why so surprised didn't think I would turn up?" I asked with angry boiling but sadness in there still.

"No, well yes I didn't expect you here but it makes it all the better you are" He said with a wicked smile.

"Why?" I asked confused. I then feel someone grabbed my wrist and when I turn round and I see its Harry. "Let. Me. Go." I say because I'm so upset and angry with him because his told Zayn and the boys everything I told him and now everyone is going to know, I just know it.

"Popp-"

"No. Don't!" I said and snatch my hand away from his and he walks to the front of the crowd which Penelope, and the rest of the boys are now standing. He stands with the boys after whispering something to Louis and Penelope.

"So shall we carry on" Zayn says and I don't just stare at the images changing while I hear him talk because I don't know what to do anymore.

HARRY

I could see Poppy was getting angry so I grabbed her wrist to calm her down but she snapped at me and snatched her hand away. I walked over to the boys and Penelope who were now in the front of the crowd and Whispered to louis and Penelope.

"Lou, I can't do this. Zayn wont stop until she's broken and I can see in her eyes she's not doing good. She's already broken and this is going to break her to the point she won't come back" I whisper

"Zayn has his mind set and none of us can stop that now. I'm sorry but Haz this is going to happen." Lou said and I nod sadly.

"Penelope" I whisper to her and glares at me "This isn't my fault yes I made a bet at the beginning but I fell for Poppy just as much as Poppy fell for me. I love her and I can see she's broken and I know she's going to break after this but Zayn as his mind set to hurt her and none of us can do anything, I'm so sorry!" I whisper and she hugs me quickly and tight before nodding with tears in her eyes.

"I know" She says and then Zayn snaps us both back to him as he carries on.

VOTE

AND

COMMENT