Chapter 14

EDITED

WEEK LATER 

POPPY

Harry and I hung out this whole week after school. It was now the weekend and Harry had texted me about a movie night. 

We hadn't spoken much more about our lives to each other. That day at the park was the only day we opened up to one another. It's not been awkward between us since that day, it almost was like we understood each other more now. That day actually brought us closer. 

HARRY 

I had been hanging out with Poppy this whole week and I cant lie, I was enjoying it. Her company was nice. Plus we seemed to have got closer since we opened up to each other, I guess I got where she was coming from and she understood the same with me. We just got each other. 

I was dressed in grey jogging bottoms and a white top, chucking a jumper over the top as I went to go to Poppy's for a movie night. 

"Where are you going?" My mum asked as I came down the stairs with my keys in my hand. 

"Out." I stated. 

"Oh you not going to tell me where?" She asked. 

It never use to be like this, between mum and I. We use to be close, I use to tell her everything. But over time we grew apart, maybe it was because her and dad got a divorce or maybe it was because I got older and became a bit of an ass. I don't know but all I do know is that I miss it. I miss being close to her but I just don't know how to start that relationship back up. 

"No, it doesn't matter." I shrugged and she sighed. 

"The boys are in the living room for you by the way." She said and made her way to the kitchen. 

Confused as to why they were here, I walked into the living room finding them all on the sofas watching TV, like it was their own home. 

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, they normally text if they're coming round. 

"We came to see you." Niall said and I looked at him like it wasn't already obvious. 

"Yea I guessed that but why?" 

"We haven't seen you much this week, except at school. We thought we'd have a lads day." Louis spoke making me sigh. I had been spending so much time with Poppy, I had forgot to hang out with the lads now and then after school. 

"Sorry, I was going to go Poppy's." 

"Oh so you two have gotten closer since the weekend?" Louis smirked. 

"It's for the bet. You guys know I wouldn't like anyone like her, you know me." I rambled. 

"That's true." Zayn laughed making me cringe a little but I didn't show it. 

"Ok, if its for the bet just miss this one out. She wont care, just skip and lets have a lads day." Louis said. 

"Plus if she's starting to like you, she will come back to you by Monday. She wont care you missing one day without telling her." Zayn challenged me as I stayed silent. 

I nodded. "Ok, lads weekend it is." 

POPPY

It was one o'clock, Harry was meant to be here by twelve. I don't know why his running late, maybe something came up? Or maybe he forgot. Maybe I should text him. 

Hey H, I was just wondering if you remembered that we had a movie day today? xx P

I put on fast and furious, not paying much attention as I was waiting for a message from Harry or for the door to be knocked on. 

********

It was now nearly three o'clock and I had watched nearly all the fast and furious'. Harry didn't read my text or replied, I guess he forgot. I don't know why he would suggest a movie day with me if he wasn't going to turn up. Even if something had happened which made him not come he could've texted, its just polite. 

I decided that Harry was a no show so I decided to watch one of my favourite films, a walk to remember. 

ZAYN

When Harry walked into the kitchen to get Niall more food, I noticed his phone go off, as it was left beside me on the sofa. I grabbed it, seeing Louis had leaned over to see too. It was a message from Poppy. 

Hey H, I was just wondering if you remembered that we had a movie day today? xx P

"Should we reply?" Lou asked and I shook my head. 

"They're getting to close. Look at their previous messages." I said scrolling up a little.

"Yea but you heard Harry its for the bet." 

"Yea but Harry took a while to say yes to having this weekend with us. He's getting to close." I said with gritted teeth. "He's starting to like her, I can tell. We have to make sure this doesn't happen, she isn't his type." 

"I don't know, I guess they would kind of be cute together. Plus we would win the bet and get money if he does." Louis smiled at me but I just frowned and shook my head again. 

"They don't suit, end of. Lets delete this and make sure he goes along with the bet." I finished, deleting the message so Harry wouldn't see it before putting his phone back where it was just in time, as he walked through the living room door.