Chapter 31

POPPY

When I got home I screamed. Screamed as loud as I could and I don't care if the neighbours hear me. I slapped the front door closed, but it bounced back but I didn't care, then I dropped my bag by the door. I stomped up the stairs and slapped my bedroom door closed and slid down it sitting on the floor. It was only then that I noticed I had tears falling down my cheeks. Why was I crying? I don't like Harry? Do I? Oh god! I like him. I like him and there's no going back or trying to get over him. I've fallen for him so hard. Damn feelings. I never wanted to fall for him. Why did I? Oh god this was a bad idea.

After a couple of minutes I heard a car pull up outside my house. I quickly got up off the floor and looked out my bedroom window. It was Harry's car. He was here. Why is her here? I quickly ran to my door and locked it. I couldn't get to the front door in time so I locked myself in my bedroom.

HARRY

I got out my car and noticed Poppys house door was open. I slowly walked up and pushed the door open more. I couldnt hear anything. I looked down and saw Poppys bag by the door. I slowly kicked it out the way so I could shut the door properly. 

"POPPY!" I shouted but got no answer. I slowly walked up the stairs and shouted her name again and I heard someone sniff from behind her door which i now stand in front of. 

"Poppy?" I say and turn her door knob. I went to push it open but it wouldnt budge.
She locked it.

"Poppy open the door" I said frustrated and I hear her sigh. 

"No" I heard her say from behind the door. 

"Why?" 

"Because I don't wanna see you" She said and I heard she sniff again. Was she crying?

"Why?" I asked but she didn't answer. "Poppy I don't know what I've done wrong. You just bunked school which is not you and now you don't wanna see me when I'm trying to help" I said sitting down on the other side of her door. 

"Don't bother to help me. It's too late for that. Just go back to Penelope. She's perfect in every way and she hasn't got problems like me so just go."

POPPY

"Poppy I don't know what I've done wrong. You just bunked school which is not you and now you don't wanna see me when I'm trying to help" Harry said and I sat down with my back against the door. 

"Don't bother to help me. Its too late for that. Just go back to Penelope. She's perfect in every way and she hasn't got problems like me so just go." I said and I heard Harry sigh. 

"You saw me with Penelope then I guess?" He said and I nodded but remembered he couldn't see me. 

"Yea I did, and you looked very cosy" I said and I heard Harry sigh again. 

"Poppy its not like that-"

"Yea thats what they all say to begin with" 

"What? Who said that Poppy?" He asked and this time I sighed.

"Boys." 

"Poppy I'm confused, what are you talking about?" Harry asked 

"When me and Penelope were friends all the boys would go for her. She was the perfect one. The one everyone wanted. They would pretend to like me to get close to Penelope and then date her. It hurt. It hurt so much, so if you're doing that just go. I told you I don't wanna waste my time on anyone anymore." 

"Poppy, I'm being truthful when I say this. It wasn't like that. I was talking to her about you" He said and I didn't reply so he carried on. "Poppy I saw your scars yesterday and I was asking Penelope if you had done it before and she told me. She told me about her finding you in the bathroom and she told me about how you've done it before. I didn't know what to do Poppy. Penelope said that even though your not friends she still cares and don't want you to go back like that and nether do I." He said and I felt more and more tears come out. He knows everything. He knows how I tried to end it all. He knows. 

"Please just go back to her, she's perfect for you and I'm a mess and no one wants me and I just need to go" I cried and I heard Harry start banging on the door and i cried more.

VOTE

AND

COMMENT