Chapter 4.

EDITED

POPPY

I woke up at seven and did my normal routine. Had a shower, got changed before going down stairs to see Penny still asleep on the sofa. I went to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water and Advil for her when she wakes up, knowing she would have a sore head.

I put the water and pills on the table, before whispering in Penny's ear, "Wake up." I pushed her a little but all she did was moan and turn over. "PENELOPE WAKE THE FUCK UP!" I shouted, which startled her as she shoot right up into a sitting position on the sofa.

"Whoa, what was that for?" She then grabbed her head with her hand. "God, my head hurts."

"Water and Advil are on the table." I point, which she took straight away, swallowing two at the same time.

"Why are you so happy? Did you not drink as much as me?"

"Nope, especially after you left me."

"Sorry." She looked at me with guilt in her eyes.

I know she didn't mean to walk off because normal I do follow but last night I just wasn't paying attention enough.

Suddenly the front door opened and we both looked at each other confused. My parents are meant to be home yet, they went away on a business trip, its the only reason I let Penny stay over that drunk.

My parents are difficult people and do not tolerant drunk people or drinking at all to be honest, they hate it. Especially when I do it.

"Darling." My mothers voice filled the house, making me and Penny look at each other with wide eyes.

"I thought they were on a business trip." Penelope whispered to me and I nodded.

"So did I. They weren't meant to be home till tomorrow."

"There you are." My father spoke as him and my mother entered the room. "What's Penny doing here?" He asked looking at her spread out on the sofa. "Is she hangover?" He raised his voice a little and I didn't know what to do. They had caught us and I was going to get in so much trouble.

"I'm leaving" Penny spoke getting up from the sofa straight away and walking past me.

"Yes, I think you should." My father scolded making me cringe.

God, my parents can be dicks.

"Bye Poppy." She spoke quietly to me before leaving the house with a little wave from me.

Great, here comes the shouting and arguing. It's what happens whenever they are home. We have not have a civil conversation in years.

PENELOPE

I walked out of Poppy's house feeling like shit, this hangover was the worse but not only that I felt bad for Poppy. Her parents will not go easy on her and I hate that she has to deal with that. I've never had a conversation with them, mainly because they are never around, always on business trips. They know we're friends and my name but I think that's all. The only things I know about them is what Poppy tells me and that's not much, she doesn't like to talk about her home life. I hardly know anything and I'm her closest friend, I doubt anyone knows anything about her. She's very kept to herself especially about family.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I bumped into someone at the end of Poppy's drive. I looked up and saw no one other than Harry Styles. A trouble-maker from school.

"Hi?" I said looking at him confused.

"Is Poppy in?" He asked, ignoring my hello completely.

"Yea but I wouldn't do in there."

"Why not?"

"Because her parents are home."

He chuckled. "I'm not scared of someone's parents. Thanks though." He went to walk past me when I grabbed his arm. He looked at me with a glare making me drop my grip.

"I'm being serious. Just for her sake and your own, just leave and stay away."

He looked at me weirdly before walking off towards his car and getting in.

HARRY

"HEY!" I shouted at Poppy's friend, Penny as she started to walk home. "Did you want a ride home?" She thought about it at first before finally getting in. "So, talk." I demanded, making her look at me as I drove off.

"About what?"

"Poppy's parents, why are you so scared of them."

"I don't know if I should say."

"Just talk." I demand again with gritted teeth.

"I don't really know anything because they're always away."

"But you're her best friend!"

"Yes but she doesn't tell me anything. She doesn't like to talk about her personal life or anything to do with family, especially her parents."

"Have you met her parents?"

"A couple of times but I always leave when they arrive and her dad always seems angry about something."

"I'm so confused, why wouldn't she tell you anything."

"I don't know, I'm as confused as you are." She said as I finally pulled up outside her house. "Thanks for the ride." She spoke quickly jumping out the car straight away, leaving me so confused with what just happened.