Chapter 9

EDITED

POPPY

Harry opened the door for me like before and I got in. As I was buckling myself in, Harry got into his side and put his seat belt on too before driving off. 

The ride was silent with the radio playing in the background once again. I could just hear, somewhere in Neverland by All Time Low. I looked at Harry and saw him drumming his fingers on the steering wheel as he drove. I decided to turn the music up, making it easier to hear. I looked out the window, muttering the words to myself but I got interrupted by Harry. 

"You like All Time Low?" He asked and I turned to look at him. 

"Yea, they're like one of my favourite bands." 

He smiled. "Mine too." 

******

"So what do you want to see?" Harry asked as we walked into the cinema, looking at all the films that were showing. 

I looked at all the films before seeing one I liked. "How about the new superman film, I haven't seen it yet." I said and Harry looked at me and chuckled. "What?" I asked confused. 

"Nothing." 

"What? Surprised I didn't pick a rom-com." He shrugged. "We can go see one if you want." I smirked at him making him laugh. 

"No superman is fine." 

We walked up to the ticket booth and Harry asked for two tickets and paid for both. 

"I could've paid for my own ticket you know?" 

"If it makes you feel better you can buy the popcorn." He smirked down at me but I just walked off and brought the popcorn before he could say anything else. 

AFTER FILM

As Harry and I walked out the film, talking about how good it was we heard my phone go off and I picked it up without looking at the ID. 

"Hello?" 

"Poppy?" 

"Penelope?" I asked confused. 

"Yea, errr, are you home?" 

"No why?" 

"Where are you?" 

"Out." Not understand why I need to tell her everything, she's not my parents and even then they don't care. 

"With?" 

"Harry, why does that matter? 

"Did you go to you-" 

"Don't say it." 

"Ok but did you?" 

"No." 

"Poppy..." 

"What? It's my choice, just leave me alone." 

I put the phone down on her before she could speak another word to me. I don't know why Penny is suddenly acting like this around me, its not like I've done anything. 

"You alright?" Harry asked and I noticed my fists were clenched shut. 

"Err, yea sorry." I said, unclenching my fist, which Harry had now noticed. 

"Who was that?" He asked.

"Just Penny." 

"Oh, ok." He said nodding his head as we got into his car. Harry started to drive and I looked out the window before Harry grabbed my attention once again. 

"Who were them people in the photos?" 

"What photos?" I asked confused. 

"The ones in your living room. There was three." He said and I sighed.

"Why?" 

"I don't know, I thought it was just you and your parents but there was other people in them." He questioned. 

They're my brother and sister." I stated, not wanting to talk about it. 

"Where are they now? And your parents, they never seem to be home." He asked, still looking at the road. 

Why does he want to know all of this? Even Penny doesn't know much about me and she's my best friend, plus I've known her for years. I'm not going to tell Harry, who I've known for a couple of days my secrets. I don't tell anyone, I keep them all in. 

"My brother and sister aren't here that's all you need to know." And that's all I've told Penny when she's asked. She didn't question me on it and I just hope Harry doesn't either. 

"Ok..." He trailed off. "What about your parents?" 

"Business trips." I said bluntly. 

I hate answering questions about my personal life, especially to someone I haven't known for very long. 

"Are they always on business trips or something?" He kept asking and I sighed, feeling the anger rise within me. 

"Its none of your business." I said harshly. 

I know I had a lovely time with Harry but to be fair he ruined it by asking me all this stuff that I don't want to talk about and I don't know why he didn't get that. 

"Sorry, I just want to get to know you better." He said, looking at my lap where my clenched fists were, before looking back at the road. 

"Well, don't." 

"Why not? What's so bad about getting to know Poppy Bow Lawerance?" He said, using my full name. 

"Everything." I muttered, hoping he didn't hear me and I don't know if he did or not but he continued talking anyway. 

"See? Cant think of anything. Why cant you just tell me where your brother and sister are? They look older, are they in university or something?" He asked and I felt like I couldn't breathe. 

"CAUSE ITS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!" I shouted and Harry looked taken back at first. 

I saw we were now outside my house, his range rover stopped at the curb but the doors were locked, so I couldn't even open the door to leave. 

"Open the door." I muttered but loud enough for him to hear. 

But instead of doing what I said he continued to talk. "You're so rude. People probably think you're so nice and honestly I use to think so too. But no. You shout at people for no reason. You get angry all the time and most of it is for no reason as well. Seriously, what is your problem? Do you have some mental health issues or something? Anger issues? I don't know because you wont let me get to know you! No wonder your parents are never around they probably despise you!" He said and I started to breath heavily, I couldn't seem to control the anger that was boiling within me.

He finally unlocked the door and I carried on looking in his eyes, making sure he had let everything he needed out before I slammed his car door open and walked up my drive way. I opened my front door and slammed it shut without giving a second glance to Harry as he drove off down the road. 

HARRY 

I don't know if I regret what I said to her. We had such a nice time at the cinema talking, joking but as soon as I ask her anything personal she gets all defensive and shuts down. She got angry like at the party, her fists clenching shut. I don't know what her problem is, maybe she does have anger issues?