Chapter 24

*WEEK LATER*

HARRY

Its been a week since the date me and Poppy had but I hadn't seen her since. I mean now and then I would see her at school but when I would go to talk to her someone would distract me or she would get away. I don't know why she's been ignoring me. I mean I thought I was the only person she had. Maybe she's found someone else, maybe her and Penelope are friends again. But every time I see Penelope she's with her new friends not Poppy so that cant be true. And I doubt Poppy got a new friend because I never see her with someone. I don't know if she's been going to her anger issue therapy because well I just don't know.

Today was the worst day going. It was pouring with rain all day so I only went to school for last lesson. I knew I wasn't going to see Poppy but as it was the weekend tomorrow I thought I would text or go to her house and see her.

As I was driving home from school I noticed through the pouring rain a figure walking through the park. I don't know why but I felt like I knew this person. I slowed down and parked on the side of the road before getting out. I pulled my hood of my hoodie up and started to follow the figure to the swing set.

I was quite close but not enough for the person to see me. I noticed then that it was Poppy. She was wearing light blue jeans which had turned darker now that the rain had got to them. A grey t-shirt which had gone darker because of the rain too. The t-shirt was short sleeve and she was wearing no jacket. She must be freezing. She had bracelets on her wrists which I had never seen before and her hair was down but soaked from the rain. She was slowly swinging on the swing while the rain kept fallling around her. She didnt seem bothered that she was cold and wet she looked sort a at peace with it. Like she liked the rain.

Soon enough I was walking towards the swing set and sat on the swing next to her.

"Hey" I said casually as I started swinging slowly like her. She didn't look startled when I said hey she just looked at me and then back out at the distance.

"Its funny isn't it?" Poppy said and I looked at her confused but she carried on looking at the distance.

"Whats funny?" I asked

"How you can get so attached to someone so easily in such a short space of time..." She trailed off.

I was confused. What was she on about and what did this have to do with anything? Was it to do with me? Someone else? Someone she maybe had met? I don't know. She's so confusing.

"Here have a my jacket, your shaking" I said starting to take my jacket off but she stopped me.

"No I don't want it" She simply said

"Please. Your going to freeze plus your shaking and Im fine I have a long sleeve top underneath" I said but she still shook her head.

"I don't need it, I like the rain"

"Why does that have to do with you being cold?" I asked

"I like the way it runs on my skin the way it pours round everything and everyone, its interesting." She said and I looked at her amazed.

"You're so odd" I said without thinking. This made her finally look away from the distance and at me.

"How?" She asked looking me right in the eyes.

"I don't know. You just see things different to everyone I know. You see the good in everything even the things that you know you should see bad. You don't judge, well not straight away. You except everyone as they are and you don't care what anyone thinks about you. You, Poppy Bow Lawerance, are different to anyone I know." I said truthfully and she weakly smiled.

"When everything goes wrong and your life is bad you just try and find good in everything. Every bad has good and every good has bad my grandma use to say to me. And plus everyones got there flaws why judge someone for theres when you have some of your own." She shrugged and i smiled. "Why are you smiling like that?" She asked and I shrugged.

"You really interest me Poppy" I said and she smiled back at me.

VOTE

AND

COMMENT