Chapter 28

POPPY

"Want to star gaze?" I asked and Harry nodded.

We both laid down under a tree where we could see the star pretty well.

"So when did you start wearing bracelets?" Harry broke the silence. I know that I only wore the bracelets because of all my cuts, so they could hide them but I couldn't say that. 

"Errr.....just thought they looked cool and I liked them" I said making it up, not totally though. I mean I do like them and I think they're cool but the main reason is because of my cuts. 

"Let me look at them, if you dont mind?" He said and I just gave him my wrist with my bracelets on. I was hoping he wouldn't move them where he could see my cuts. I don't want to explain myself and I don't want him to feel sympathy for me. I don't want that. 

"I like this one" He said and I looked and saw he was pointing at the one with different shells and peddles on it. 

"My grandma gave me that one, well she gave me most of these but that's my favourite that she gave me" I said and he nodded. I saw him starting to move them and that was when I pulled my hand away. He looked at me weirdly but I just ignored it and looked at my phone. It was 12. It had been 2 hours since I came here I knew I would have to go home soon. 

"I better get going" I said and Harry nodded. 

"Same here" He said and we both got up and dusted off the mud.

Before I could walk away harry grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug. 

"I saw them, Poppy" He whispered in my ear and I knew what he was talking about so I hugged him tighter. I was talking about my scars, my cuts, he saw them. 

"I'll see you monday at school" I said after the hug and started walking home before Harry could say anything more.

HARRY

When I was looking at her bracelets I moved them a little bit without her knowing and I saw that she had scars. Cuts. New and old. I didn't know she was already this broken. I don't think I can go along with this bet but I know I have too.

Before she could walk away i pulled her back and hugged her tight. 

"I saw them, Poppy" I whispered in her ear and she hugged me tighter. I know she hugged me tighter because she knew what I meant. That I meant the scars, the cuts. She knew I meant them. 

"I'll see you Monday at school" She said after the hug and then walked away towards her house before I could say anything more. I don't know what I would say but I knew I had to say something else but she walked to fast away before i could.

Monday. Monday I will have to say something to her. Ask her about them. Tell her to talk to me about stuff and not to do this to herself. Maybe I could tell Penelope. Maybe I could talk to her. Maybe she would know what to do or maybe she could help Poppy. I know Poppy said that she doesnt listen to anyone but maybe she will listen to me about it. Just maybe we can help her. At least Poppy will have someone with her to help her once all this is over because i know for sure she wont want me anymore.

VOTE

AND

COMMENT