Chapter 16

POPPY

When I got home it wasn't long until someone knocked at the door. I looked at my bedroom door wide eyes. Who could be knocking now? Mum and dad are on business trip and everyone thinks I'm at school and everyone else is at school. Who could it be?

I walked down stairs and stood opposite the door. 

"Whos there?" I asked and I noticed my voice was quieter than usual. 

"Well, if you open the door you would know" I heard the voice of the person I've been trying to ignore, Harry.

"Go away Harry! Shouldn't you been at school?" I asked and realised it was a stupid question. 

"Well-"

"Don't answer that it was a stupid questions" I said and I heard him chuckle. 

"So you going to let me in?" He asked.

"Why should I?" 

"So, we can talk? Please Poppy you can't ignore me forever!" He begged and I sighed knowing it was true. I unlocked the door and walked into the kitchen to get a drink as I heard him open the door and shut again behind him. 

"Didn't think you would actually let me in." I heard him say behind me as I finished my glass of water and put the glass in the sink. 

"Yea well you wouldn't have left until I did so..." I trailed off. "What did you wanna talk about?" I asked as I turned to look at him. 

"Errr....about... the errr.....Weekend." He mumbled nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck and bit his lip. 

"Yea? Don't worry about it." I said quietly looking at the ground. 

"No. It wasn't fair that I didn't text you saying I couldn't come." He said and I smiled. 

"Really don't worry about it. What were you doing anyway?" I asked curiously. 

"The boys and I were having a lads day" He said and I was quite shocked he actually told me, I thought he would say something like, 'mind your own business'. He must of noticed I was shocked because he chuckled. "What shocked I actually told you and not told you to mind your own business?" I just shrugged. "We're not all like you, Poppy" He said and I just rolled my eyes.

"Whatever" I said.

Harry and I sat down on the stools round the kitchen island and sat in silence before Harry broke it. 

"What did Penny say to you?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow at him. "I saw you at the begining of school talking to her, you looked sad after, what she say?" He asked and I sighed. 

"'Cause I've been spending time with you more and not her she thinks that you left and that I thought I would just got crawling back to her and that it would be alright. Basically she's pissed of at me, found some new friends and I have no one again."

HARRY

"'Cause ive been spending time with you more and not her she thinks that you left and that i thought i would just got cawling back to her and that he would be alright. Basically shes pissed of at me, found some new friends and i have no one again." She said. 

She really did think that she had no one. I don't know why but she did. So I said the one thing I knew deep down, wasn't true. 

"Hey." I reached over and grapped her hand and she looked at me. "I'm here for you. You have me, I won't leave." I said and she gave me a small smile. 

"Thank you Harry." She said, but before I could reply the front door opened.

Poppy and I looked at each other confused before it looked like reality hit her. She quickly let go of my hand and stood up. It looked like she was waiting for something to happen. And for sure she didn't have to wait long.

"Poppy? What are you doing home?" Her mum said as her and Poppy's dad walked into the kitchen where we were. "And who is this?" She asked looking at Poppy then me.

"Errr..." I didnt know what to say. I mean Penelope told me her dad was always angry and she had to leave when her parents randomly turned up. Weren't they on a business trip? 

"He was just leaving." Poppy said bluntly with no emotion. 

What happened? We were just having a chat and everything and now since her parents are back, she's showing no emotion. Why?

"Yea I think that's a good idea" Her dad said and I could tell he was angry. 

"Yea, errrr...Bye Poppy." I said as I got up. "Nice meeting you Mrs and Mr Lawerance." I said as I passed them to go to the door. They didn't say bye back neither did Poppy. 

What is happening?

VOTE

AND

COMMENT

Wrecking Ball - Harry Stylesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें