Chapter 17

POPPY

Oh god. My parents couldn't have come home at the worst time.

"WHY ARENT YOU AT SCHOOL!?" My dad shouted at me as soon as the front door shut and Harry was gone.

"I-I..."

"NOTHING YOU SHOULD BE AT SCHOOL! PLUS WHY WAS THAT BOY HERE WITH YOU, HUH?!" He shouted and I looked down at the floor. "LOOK AT ME WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU!" He shouted and I flinched and looked up at him again. My mum didn't say anything or try and calm him down. She just stood there watching, like always. "ARENT YOU GOING TO SAY ANYTHING?!"

"I was waiting for mum to have her pitch in on this" I said through gritted teeth.

"DONT SPEAK LIKE THAT TO YOUR MOTHER!"

"WHY NOT HUH? BOTH OF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT ME! YOU WISH I WAS MORE LIKE MARK AND VICTORIA! BUT GUESS WHAT!? SORRY TO BURST THAT BUBBLE OF YOURS BUT I WILL NEVER BE LIKE THEM!" I shouted at them and went to push past them but dad stopped me.

"DONT EVER ANYTHING LIKE THAT TO US! AND YOU KNOW WHAT WE DO WISH YOU WERE MORE LIKE YOUR BROTHER AND SISTER BECAUSE THEY HAVE GOOD JOBS AND ARE LIVING ON THEIR OWN!" Dad Shouted

"YEA BUT THEIR LIKE 20 ODD IM ONLY 18!"

"SO YOUR BROTHER AND SISTER STARTED WORKING AND TRIED TO MAKE A LIVING AND WERE ACTUALLY LEARNING AT SCHOOL AT 18!" Mum now shouted getting involved.

"OH IM SO SORRY THAT IM SUCH A DISPPOINTMENT FOR YOU!" I shouted as i started walking up stairs to my room and then slammed my door shut.

I fell face first onto my bed and screamed into my pillow. I HATE MY PARENTS!!

HARRY

When I was kicked out of Poppy's house I got in my car and started driving around not knowing what to do.

What the hell happened in there? I mean we were just talking and then her parents randomly show up and have a go at her? Yea it might be because she wasn't at school but why did they look so angry cause I was there? Okay maybe because they might think I made her miss school or something. I don't know. But I know I will ask Poppy about this.

As I was thinking about when to ask Poppy about it I saw her. She was walking down the road towards the park that we once went together. The one she said she's been to before. I hadn't realised I was driving towards it till now.

I saw Poppy running to, I'm guessing, the hill she showed me. I parked my car on the side of the path, locked it and started making my way to where Poppy went.

As I got near to the top of the hill I saw Poppy sitting down looking out at the view. Without making a noise I sat down next to her and looked out at the view too.

"So, what happened back then?" I asked and I heard her sighed.

"Its complicated" She said and I looked at her. I saw tears in her eyes but she was trying so hard to not let them fall. She had her fist clenched so hard that he knuckled had gone white. I slowly took her hand in mine and unclenched her fist to tangle our fingers together. I saw her look away from the view to me, to our hands, then back at me. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow before I spoke.

"You're angry. You need to calm down okay?" I said and she slowly nodded and the looked back the view. I tugged at her hand and made her turn to look at me.

"Yea?" She said.

We were both facing each other now with our legs crossed. I had both her hands in mine.

"What happened? With your parents when I left?" I asked

"Why?" She asked. She still had no fucking emotion and it was frustrating me.

"Because you're talking with no emotion. You're not being your normal happy self-"

"Who said I was happy in the first place, huh?" She said now showing at least one emotion, anger. I didn't know what to say so I stayed quiet looking at her. "You wanna know what they said to me? They said to me what they always say to me! That I'm a worthless piece of shit! That I should be more like my brother, sister! They have lives and jobs and starting their own family! They don't care that I'm 18 and they're 20 odd! They want me to be like them! To be one of the golden children but I'm not! And I never will be! They just can't get in their heads that I'm the messed up child! They don't care about me! They just pretend to! And I've had enough!"

"Enough of what?" I asked scared of the answer.

"Enough of everything!" She sighed and looked down at our hands. "Im sorry." She whispered.

"Sorry for what? You haven't done anything wrong. To be honest you're not a worthless piece of shit. Your parents are wrong. I don't know anything about your brother or sister but I don't think you need to be anything like them either. I think you're fine as you are. Yea, you have some issues but who doesn't? I sure as hell have loads. Look, all I'm saying is that you don't have to be anything they tell you. I like you how you are and I'm sure so do loads of other people" I said and she looked up at me as I was speaking.

"Do you want to know?" She asked and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Know what?"

"About my brother and sister, my family, my bad childhood?"

"You don't have too-"

"No I need to tell someone about it, I can't keep everything bottled up forever." I just nodded and she started to speak.

VOTE

AND

COMMENT