Chapter 48

PENELOPE

I knocked on the door as I slowly opened it at the same time. I saw Poppy sitting on the small bed in the cornor with her knees up and her head in her hands.

"I don't want to go!" was the first thing she said when she heard the door close after I walked in.

"Go where?" I asked and she looked up when she heard my voice and sighed.

"I thought you were a nurse making me go to therapy again" she said and got up and hugged me tight.

"I've missed you" I whispered in the hug and she nodded.

"Me too" And we both sat on her bed in silence for a while. "Why am I here?"

"Your parents sighed the papers for you to come here. We all know it was just so they didn't have to look after you. They were so mean..." I trailed off remembering the conversation we had with them at the hospital.

"How are Niall, Liam and Louis?" She asked missing out Harry I guess on purpose.

"They're good me and Niall are kind of a thing now, sorry I didn't tell you about us before by the way." i said and she smiled.

"I'm happy for you" She said and i nodded.

"Louis' still with Eleanor and Liams still going out with Dani. She's nice as well. I don't know if you've met her though. The boys like her, you can see they're in love." I chuckled and Poppy joined in. I wanted to mention how bad Harry's been but I knew she didn't want to hear about him so I didn't.

We fell in silence again just enjoying each others company again before she asked the question I knew she was dying to know but also dreading.

"H-hows errr.... Hows Harry doing?" She asked and I smiled small before frowning again remembering how harry is.

"Not good." I said sadly and Poppy bit her lip.

"Please tell me" she said and I sighed before telling her.

"His been bad. Really bad. He blames it all on him. Even though some of it was him he did try to stop it. You need to know that Poppy, he tried. He really did try and stop Zayn, all the boys did, but Zayn had his mind set and wouldn't change it. Harry told you not to come after school because he didn't want you to know what was happening because he was going to try and stop it but you came along and did what you did. Anyway, yea he blames his self for everything. He doesn't care that Zayn done it worst he thinks it was all his fault and he feels so guilty. Don't worry I haven't gave him any sympathy because he is partly the fault of this. Yes I do feel sorry for him but your my best friend and I have to be her for you not him. But his really bad Poppy. The boys said that his never been like this. Especially about a girl. Poppy he hasnt smiled or laughed since that day. He doesnt really talk to us anymore. His ethier in his room or when he is with us he just answers things shortly. Im not trying to make you feel sorry for him or try and make you forgive him, I'm not trying to do that but his not the same without. If you're not with him, his depressed and not his self. Do you know what Louis told me?" I saw tears in her eyes threating to spill but she wasnt letting them.

"No, what he say?" She asked

"He said that his never seen Harry like this. That his never seen Harry look at someone like he looks at you. Poppy he told me that Harry looks at you like your his world, his everything. Poppy he loves you. He loves you so much, this is killing him."

"He doesn't love me. When I said it to him he didn't say it back and he done this to me, He doesn't love me." she said and I didn't know if she was getting angry about this or not.

"He does he said that he wished he did say he loved you back then because if you didn't make it out the coma you would've never known. If he doesn't love you why did he beat up your dad at the hospital?" I asked her and she looked shocked.

"He what?" She nearly shouted and i sighed.

"The doctor told us that we could make the desicion to put you in here or not. We all said no before you ask, especially Harry. He made a point about it saying that it wouldn't help you and you would hate it and you will get worst by being in here. Anyway, we then heard the doctor talking about sighing you up to put you in here and Harry marched up to him arguing that we didn't decide that. The doctor told us that your parents said they wanted to sign you up, so Harry went marching up to your parents and was shouting at them. Your parents said some hurtful things and Harry lost it. He beat up you dad, but security came and kicked him out before he could do any more damage to your dad. That's the reason why Harry didn't come back and see you at the hospital too." I finished off my story and Poppy was quiet.

"Can I be alone for a minute? It was great talking and seeing you but I want sometimes alone now please" she said and I nodded.

When I left Harry stood straight up as soon as he saw me coming towards them.

"Sit down" I told him and he looked confused.

"Why? Doesn't she want to see me?" He asked sadly.

"I don't know but she told me to leave cause she wanted a couple minutes alone, so leave it 5 minutes yea?" I said and he nodded and sat back down.

VOTE

AND

COMMENT