Chapter 34

*WEEK LATER*

POPPY

After my night at Harry's, his been less distance but not that much. I mean he still is and sometimes when I call his name in the hall he pretends he didn't hear me and runs off. I don't know what I did. I mean I said I loved him but he didn't say it back. That hurt but I thought maybe he just wasn't ready. I don't know. But he kissed me. HE kissed ME. So he has to feel something.

Penelope is still being all friendly with me but I've distanced myself from her. To be honest I've tried distancing myself from Harry but that hasn't really worked well lately.

I was walking to my next class when a familiar voice stopped me. I was outside an empty classroom and I heard two people talking and one was Harry.

"No not today" Harrys voice said

"It has to be, its come to the end. We need to do this today!" The other voice I didn't recognise said back.

"Just give me a week" Harry said

"No you said she said it and thats all we need, its today or you lose" The other voice said and before I knew what was happening Harry and the mystery person come out the room and run straight into me.

"Poppy?" Harry said and I looked up from the ground

"Oh, hey. I was just on my way to next lesson" I said and I noticed one of Harry's friends, Zayn I think walk off. So it was Zayn who was the other voice.

"Oh..." We stood in silence till Harry spoke again. "Did you hear what we were talking about?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Bits but I don't understand it" I said and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"What you hear?"

"That something is happening today or you lose" I said summing up what I heard and Harry nodded and I was about to walk of to next lesson when he stopped me again.

"Poppy do me a favour today?" He said and I nodded for him to go on. "at the end of school don't stick around, go straight home, please" He said and I looked at him and I thought I saw guilt and hurt in his eyes but then it went blank.

"Okay I will" I said unsure before carrying to walk off to next lesson.

HARRY

When Zayn and I come out the empty classroom, I couldn't believe we bumped into Poppy. I didn't think she heard anything till she said she heard bits. But what she summed up didn't say anything and her but I knew she would be curious, its what she's like. So when I told her to just go home at the end of school it was to save herself. Because Zayn decided it was going to be today after school that we will finish the bet and I hated it. I wanted more time to make her hate me and so this wouldn't hurt her but its too late. She's fallen and shes about to fall and break. I dont know if she wont come after school because she looked unsure when she agreed. Shes probably so curious that she will come to see what im hiding.

I just hope for her sake and mine that she doesnt...

VOTE

AND

COMMENT