Chapter 18

POPPY

"No I need to tell someone about it, I can't keep everything bottled up forever." Harry just nodded and I started my story.

"Well, lets start with my childhood. I wasn't close to my family when I was little, sort of like now. I always felt more like the odd one out. I never felt like I fitted in. And I know it sounds bad, I never felt like I fitted in? In my own FAMILY. Everyone at school would talk about all theses things they had done with their family and I was jealous. I was jealous of how everyone had a loving family and would go out and do stuff. When my family never did, not with me. Yea my brother, sister and parents would go do stuff but they would always leave me out because I wasn't the golden childern. I wasn't the favourite. My brother and sister always craved my mum and dads attention but me. I couldn't care less because I got to the point where whatever I did they wouldn't notice unless my brother and sister done it. I could fall over and scrap my knee and they wouldn't care, they would just tell me to suck it up, go one with it. But when my brother or sister fell over or got a scrap it would be hugs and kisses, ice cream and shit. I was never close to my brother or sister ether. They always seemed to act like they hated me so I acted the same way. They would always push me down the stairs, trip me up, anything they could they did. And maybe that's where I got my anger issues from because every time they would push me or say something I would get angry. I would always want to hit them, push them back but I knew I was just too little to even try. They were older and bigger than me and I couldn't do anything..." I stopped for a second and Harry squeezed my hands to tell me he was listening. "...Basically my sister and brother worked super hard in school and done afterschool classes and shit. My brothers a lawyer and my sisters an accountant. Yea, they get paid good money. They both have parents. My sister 27 and my brothers 30 in a couple of days. I think my brother got enaged the other week, I don't know they don't tell me shit anymore. My sisters close to getting engaged. So basically they are both starting a family and have amazing jobs and because I'm just in high school and I don't take any after school classes or shit, I'm failing apparently."

"But you're just 18" Harry said and I sighed.

"I know, that's what I tell my parents but they don't care. They made my brother and sister work hard at 18 and they wont me to do the same but I don't and they don't like it."

"I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"I didn't realise how much you actually go through and how much of a pain your family is." Harry said, squeezing my hands in his. 

"I should be the one whose sorry. I've been talking your ear off for a while now" I laughed and he laughed as well.

"No I'm glad. Not that you talk my ear off but that you told me that." He said and we both smiled.

"Thanks for listening."

"Always."

We both saw it was getting late but didn't move.

HARRY

Her hands were still in mine and it felt amazing. I didn't want this moment to end.

"Hey have you ever just watched the stars?" I asked as I noticed how dark it was getting.

"No I haven't" Poppy said

"Me either. Lets do it" I said and we both laid down on the hill.

I saw her shiver and I pulled her closer to me, so her head was on my chest.

"You're cold" I said and she just snuggled into my side as we both watched the stars and talked about random stuff.

This day. This night. This moment. Is perfect..

VOTE

AND

COMMENT