Chapter 53

POPPY

After what seemed ages I reached the bridge that I had took off running for. It suddenly started to pour down with rain which soaked me quickly. My hair now dripping as I slowly walked to the edge of the bridge. I looked over the edge and saw the water below slowly flowing, minding its own business. I heard cars driving past behind me but they didn't seem to notice me. Just little old me about to end it all on the bridge.

I slowly started to climb so I was on the edge of the bridge. Holding the lamp post to steady myself, getting ready to jump.

HARRY

As we started driving over a bridge, Lou screamed at me to stop which made me slam on my brakes and for some drivers beep and give me the finger but I didn't care.

"WHAT!" I shouted at him.

"Over there. Its Poppy!" He said pointing to a fragile figure climbing onto the edge of the bridge.

"Call the boys!" I said and Louis started calling Liam straight away. I drove and parked my car just on the edge of the bridge and jumped out.

"POPPY!"

POPPY

As I was looking out into the distance I heard a car stop but I didn't think much of it until I heard someone shout.

"POPPY!" I nearly stumbled but managed to hold myself. I slowly turned my head round and saw Harry running from his car towards me. His hair and clothes were getting soaked by the minute.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE HARRY?!" I shouted over the rain still looking at him.

"THE CLINIC CALLED AND TOLD US YOU WENT MISSING! WE CAME LOOKING FOR YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He shouted back.

"I TOLD YOU IT WAS MY TIME TO GO AND HERE I AM!" I shouted and looked out to the view again.

"NO POPPY! ITS NOT YOUR TIME PLEASE COME OFF THE BRIDGE..." Has he was talking another car pulled up and out came Liam, Niall and Penelope and then Louis came out of Harrys car. "...PLEASE COME DOWN!" He shouted and thats when another car pulled up and a ambulance. Nurses from the clinic come out of the car and the people in the ambulance stayed in the vechile.

"POPPY!" I heard Penelope shout and when I turned to look at them all the boys and Penelope were standing there soaked waiting for me to come down. Behind them was the nurses from the clinic. "PLEASE POPPY COME DOWN! I HATE SEEING YOU LIKE THIS! I DONT WANNA LOSE YOU! NONE OF US DO! YOURE A BIG THING IN OUR LIVES AND IF YOU LEAVE YOULL BE MISSED AND I DONT THINK WE CAN DEAL WITH YOU NOT BEING HERE! YOUR APART OF US! PLEASE COME DOWN!" Penelope shouted over the rain and I shook my head.

"I CANT! I JUST CANT! THIS IS IT! THIS IS WERE I END IT ALL! WERE I END ALL THE STRESS AND SADNESS! THIS IS WERE I END EVERYTHING! NO ONE CAN HELP ME NOW! I WANT TO DO THIS WHY CANT YOU ALL BE HAPPY FOR ME!"

"WHY WOULD WE BE HAPPY WHEN SOMEONE WE LOVE IS GOING TO KILL THEMSELVES!" Lou shouted and I looked down at the water and then to the view.

"POPPY WE ALL LOVE YOU SO MUCH! ESPECIALLY HARRY!" Liam shouted and i looked back at them and saw all of them with tear stained cheeks but harry was the worst looking out of them all.

"POPPY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF YOU DO THIS RIGHT NOW! I WOULDNT LIVE! WHEN YOU TOLD ME I WOULD BE FINE I KNOW I WONT! I KNOW I WONT BE ABLE TO MOVE ON OR FIND ANYONE LIKE YOU! POPPY YOURE ALL I WANT! I WANT YOU AND NO ONE ELSE! YOUR MY SOUL MATE! YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN ANYONE! PLEASE JUST DONT DO THIS!" Harry shouted and i shook my head.

"I LOVE YOU TOO, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH BUT I CANT DO THIS!" I shouted and looked at the nurses. Looked back at the view and back at the water. I looked at all their faces and finally looked at Harry. He was so close to me. He was right below me with tears on his cheeks, still spilling and they werent stopping.

"I'm sorry" I said and took my last breathe before i jumped.

HARRY

"I LOVE YOU TOO, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH BUT I CANT DO THIS!" She shouted and looked at the nursed behind us. She then looked back at the view and the water running below the bridge. She looked at all the boys and Penelopes faces and then finally her eyes landed on mine. I could see so much love and hurt but most of all I could see that she had given up. She didn't want to be here anymore and thats when I knew this would be the last time I will see her.

"I'm sorry" She said and took one last breathe and thats when she jumped.

"NOOOOO!" I shouted and screamed as I run to the edge of the bridge and looked over the edge. I saw the splash of where her body hit but she never came back up. I heard Penelope crying and screaming and the boys crying too. I collapsed to the floor on the bridge and screamed at the sky before looking down and crying. I felt Lou come down and hug me and we stayed there for a while.

Thats when I noticed that the nurses and that were running down the hill of the side of the bridge to try and get to Poppy's body. I heard them talking on the radio for more people to come and thats all I heard before I blacked out.

VOTE

AND

COMMENT