Chapter XII

"Fen'edhis!" Fenris grumbled to the sky, he'd left the wounded coast and headed for sudermount. Killing Hadriana had brought him satisfaction on an intimate level, she'd taken sadistic pleasure in making him suffer, but he needed some time to process. For as long as he'd been free he had sought solace in the scents of the mountains when a bottle would not suffice. The freedom to do so was a luxury Danarius had not afforded him and the mountain air called to him like a compulsion. But now, he found his thoughts turning to Anders, his mage, likely sitting at home worried sick about where he'd gotten to. So with a heavy sigh, he began his decent back down the mountain and headed for home.

When he opened the door, Anders was pacing the floor just inside the entrance. His eyes widened and he grabbed Fenris, pulling him into his strong arms. "Where were you, Fen? I was worried about you, are you alright?" Anders eyes narrowed with concern as the tension left Fenris' body. "Yes, Amatus. I am fine." Anders sighed in relief, "Where did you go." he asked. "Sudermount, I just needed to get away. I go there sometimes to think, breath the fresh air." He reached out and cupped Anders cheek, "I took my anger out on you, Amatus. I apologize, it was unjust." he said softly. Justice purred proudly in the back of Anders mind at the elfs acceptance of responsibility for how he'd wronged his mage.

Anders leaned forward and placed a soft kiss to the end of his elfs nose. "I forgive you, love." he said and Fenris smiled affectionately at him. "Come, let's eat." Anders took his hand and led him towards the kitchen. Once their meal was ready they moved to sit in the dining room, extending thanks to Orana. "I wanted to talk to you about doing some renovations, Amatus. We spoke of making this house a home, but it is hardly a home in its current condition." Fenris said. "I personally, have no expertise on the subject of renovations, but I will happily go along with anything you choose." he replied.

The next few months passed by in relative peace, aside from the occasional adventure that Hawke dragged them out on. The renovations were complete and their dream of building a home was dangerously close to a reality. It was terrifying in a sense, this mage and this elf, who'd despised each other not so long ago, now cherishing ever second they had together. Like a dream, that was straining at the seams, just waiting for the facade to crack and crumble to nothing.

This particular evening, when Anders came home from his clinic, the house smelled of roast nug, coming from the kitchen where Orana was busily preparing dinner. Anders poked his head into the sitting room and then headed upstairs when there was no sign of Fenris. His elf usually greeted him almost immediately when he came home, but since they had finished the renovations, there were days when he did not. Anders knew where to find him, he turned left down the hall at the top of the stairs and headed into the guest chambers.

"Fen?" He said as he pushed the door open a crack and peered around it. "Hmmm?" Came the response as he pushed through the door to see his elf lying on the bed, fiddling with a trinket. Catching sight of Anders he smiled brightly and rose from the bed, crossed the room and pulling his mage into a warm embrace. "Hello, Amatus. I missed you." He murmured into Anders shoulder. "I missed you too, Fen. What are you doing in here" he asked. "Nothing really, I just, it's relaxing. It's hard to explain, it just feels, like home."

Anders sighed, "You know Fen, if you like this room better, we can always move in here. It is our house, we can do whatever we like." he said with a cheeky grin. "No." Fenris' tone was firm and Anders eyes widened a touch as he blinked down at his elf. Fenris cleared his throat, "I mean, that is....no. I enjoy spending time here on occasion, but it is not ours, I know no other way to explain it, that's just how it feels." Anders nodded, he didn't really understand, but he wasn't going to pry either. "Alright, whatever keeps you happy, love." he responded, pressing a kiss to Fenris' lips, he left it be.

They were happy and whatever it was that compelled Fenris to build this room and find solace in it, was not causing any harm. Orana called for dinner and they talked and laughed the evening away, followed by a hot bath and a warm body to take comfort in. "Your the best thing that's ever happened to me, Fen. Everything that came before, it seems so small now, like it maybe never happened at all." Fenris chuckled and kissed Anders neck, "Fool mage." he said fondly, "Go to sleep, Amatus. Te amo." Anders smiled and closed his eyes, "I love you too, Fen."

Fen'edhis - Wolf's dick

Te Amo - I love you