Chapter LI

The new days sun peaked through the window coverings and Iri's eyes opened, Fenris to one side of her and Anders to the other. She rubbed her eyes, rolling towards Fenris, Anaris' arm slung across him, causing her to grin in the dim light. A night filled with drink and mischief, exactly what they'd needed in the mist of Fen'Harel's visit. He was the next to wake and she reached over her wolf, squeezing his arm to bid him good morning. A sheepish grin came to his lips as he processed where he was, moving to gently push a lock of hair from Fenris' eyes. He stirred at the touch, a soft groan leaving him as he stretched and rolled to his back before blinking his bleary eyes.

He looked between Iri and Anaris, attempting to recollect the evenings events as Iri rolled atop of Anders, playfully showering him to kisses to rouse him. He made a sound of protest, raising his hands to shield himself from her affections, feeling rather like he'd been dropped on his head. She giggled, subsiding in her actions and washing healing over them, "Better?" she asked warmly, earning a goofy grin as he looked up at her. "Much." he replied, wrapping his arms around her and giving her a squeeze before his eyes moved to the elves beside them. They widened slightly as he caught sight of Anaris, a soft flush splashing his cheeks when he winked at him.

Iri pushed herself to her feet, the three men watching as she moved to dress, eyes dancing over her bared flesh. She wore her lyrium etched clothing, fastening her belt and sheathing her daggers before pulling her cloak around her shoulders. "Vhenan?" Fenris questioned, curious as she seemed to be preparing for battle. "Join me for breakfast." she replied, finishing wrapping her feet and heading for the door. "What do you suppose she is up too now?" Anaris wondered, moving to retrieve his own clothing, stalling in his movements when Fenris handed him fresh ones. "You seem to have more insight to her thoughts then I." Fenris replied, a smirk tugging at his lips as he referred to the previous evening when Anaris had recognized she would know without being told.

He chuckled, "You know of her foresight as well as I, Fenris, it simply slipped your mind in the mist of alcohol." he teased, an accurate statement that caused him to snort. "Indeed." he agreed, retrieving his sword from Iri's wardrobe and fastening it to his back. Anaris hummed inquisitively, moving to take a closer look, a smile coming to his lips, "A gift from my lovely, I presume." he commented, running his finger along the blade. Fenris hummed to acknowledge he was correct, "Are we ready? I am eager to see what awaits us this day." he asked, pleased when they nodded and headed for the door.

Iri was seated with Hawke and Abelas, sipping on a cup of tea as she listened to Abelas voice his distaste for Fen'Harel. "Abelas, I am aware of your loyalty to Mythal, but I must point out that she was far too corrupted to save, it is her essence that will drive his darkness to the surface. Perhaps I should have slain her before he completed their merger, but the branches that came from that choice would have been far worse than those we face now." she was saying as they approached, Fenris slinging his arm around her as he took a seat. She smiled affectionately at him, plucking a honey roll from the plate before her, pushing it towards them in an offering.

"Eat, we will be leaving immediately after we've finished, I have delayed too long in claiming control of Halamshiral and if we delay any longer Fen'Harel will seize the land of the people. He prepares to depart as we speak, unfortunately for him, he shall arrive moments too late." she informed them, a smirk coming to her lips at the thought of his frustration upon his arrival. She lifted her cup to her lips, her eyes shifting to Hawke, taking note of the way he looked at Anders and chucking softly, earning her an inquisitive look from Fenris. She shook her head, dismissing his curiosity, "If it is acceptable, I would ask that you all join me. There is a slight chance that we may encounter resistance and I would prefer to complete this task peacefully. If we are all in attendance, the risk is minimized and I do not foresee trouble arising." she requested of them, continuing to pick at the plate.