Chapter XLI

True to herself, Iri rose before the dawn, rolling over and burrowing her face into Fenris' chest as her arm snaked around his waist. She held him tightly, basking in the aroma of his skin as her fingers rubbed soft circles across his back. He stirred, groaning softly as he returned the gesture, wrapping his arm around her and placing his lips to her forehead. She began to place gentle kisses to his flesh, further rousing him from his sleepy state. His fingers gripping at her hip, his breaths becoming shorter as his heart pounded in his chest. He placed a finger under her chin, carefully lifting it to catch her eye before capturing her lips with a pleased growl.

He kissed her deeply, cradling her cheek in his hand as they lost themselves to euphoria. He pulled her towards him, turning her so she lay on her back, positioning himself over her and breaking their kiss. He drank in the sight of her, watching the rise and fall of her breast, both of them breathless and left panting. She smiled, that warm, loving smile that he'd missed so dearly, causing another growl to leave him as he ground his erection against her. He moved to run his tongue across her jaw, moving his way down her neck to her shoulder. He paused when Anders stirred, opening his eyes and blinking at them. He smiled, rolling over without a word and climbing to his feet, he crossed the room and dragged Anaris out of bed.

He shuffled him from the room with a few words of grumbled protest, glancing over his shoulder and winking at Iri before pulling the door closed behind them. She giggled, wrapping her arms around Fenris' neck, pulling him to her in a warm hug. "I have missed you, Vhenan." he whispered, "And I, you." she replied, tilting her head to find his lips again. She encircled him with her legs, lifting her hips and spreading her wetness across his hardened length before reaching to slip him inside her. His eyelids fluttered at the warmth that engulfed him, a shuddery breath leaving him. He paused, fully sheathed inside her, fighting the urge to lose himself at the contact.

He'd yearned for her in her time away, waging a war inside himself as to why they'd had so little contact. Anders had been a comfort, but he'd felt as if his heart had split and he may never recover. He rolled his hips, slow and gentle, revelling in the sensation as he slid in and out, her fingers digging into his back as she arched her own in pleasure. They lost themselves as the time passed, swallowed by passion as they made love. When they climaxed, it was together and they lay there for a time, enjoying the quiet companionship before finally rising to draw a bath.

"Ir abelas, emma lath." she said softly once they'd settled into the tub, her back pressed against him. He squeezed her gently, "Why do you apologize, Vhenan?" he inquired, cupping the water in his hand and letting it trickle over her breasts. "For everything, my time away, my distant demeanour, Anaris....." she trailed off, waiting for a reply. "I am pleased to have you back." he replied warmly, bringing a smile to her lips as she stifled a giggle. "You think that is funny, Vhenan?" he asked, being somewhat cheeky. "Go ahead, ma'fen, say it." she coaxed, knowing he had thoughts on the topic. He snorted, letting another handful of water run over her, "You smelled of him." he stated, his tone bitter, though he tried to hide it.

Iri hummed, it was as expected, though of course there was little that escaped her, a gift she resented by times. "I used his distraction to my advantage, he was uncontrollable and I have use of him." she responded. He stayed silent for a moment, considering her words, his eyebrows narrowing in disapproval as realization hit. "Then, he is bound to you?" he replied, irritation setting in. The thought of her sharing a bond of any kind with Anaris, made his skin crawl. "It was the only way I could be sure, emma lath. He shall serve his purpose, should I need him to. Fen'Harel will be blindsided when the time comes to reveal my hand. I shall gather some of the others as well, but procuring the eluvians was of the upmost importance. We have little time to spread out our forces before he wakes, the eluvians will prove useful. I will not always be so free to move them and they will need to be gathered quickly when the time comes." she reasoned.