Chapter XL

The arrival to Tarasyl'an Te'las had left a buzz of excitement charging the air. Iri had been bombarded with questions of what this place was, how she had come to learn of it and what they would do, now that they'd arrived. She'd calmed their curiousity as best she could before slipping away to assess the damage. It was as expected, much the way they'd found it the first time if perhaps a little better off with her earlier arrival this time around. She'd entered the main hall and found herself quickly distracted by Solas' rotunda, veering off to her right. She was lost in thought as she scanned the bare walls and when Fenris found her, she was a sobbing heap on the floor in the centre of the room.

She'd recovered quickly, with so little time to dwell on such irrelevant emotions. Putting herself back together after a few moments of mournful sadness, pushing her feelings aside. They'd began reconstruction almost immediately, drawing the attention of the majority of the group they'd arrived with. Hawke and Anders were kept close as they learned the spells that would weave the future. Broken beams and bits of stone had flitted into the air, reforming the great walls and foundations. Tiles had lifted and found their place, revealing the grand mosaics that held the history of Elvhenan's many victories and losses.

When she'd finally made her way to her chambers, she'd reached into the future and collected her many belongings. Retrieving her furnishings, lining her shelves with books and artifacts and filling her desk with maps and papers. Fenris and Anders had watched on in wonder, fascinated by this glimpse of the future. She'd spent countless hours with Anders and Hawke, herself and Fenris passing on the teachings that would built an army of mages, the likes unseen. Varric and Cullen had set to work promptly, Cullen leading the way to his office. Iri had single handedly extended the fortress to nearly twice its size, extending it back over the mountainside, making space for the many bodies that would fill the rooms.

When little more then a month had passed, Merrill and Marethari had been tasked with setting out to collect the clans. Her ranks were coming together, setting aside their differences and working together towards a collective goal. And then, it was time for Iri herself to set out on her journey. In the recent days, she'd become reclusive, withdrawn and engulfed in her work. Fenris had fought her on her decision that he would stay, as she set out alone. She'd argued that he was needed where he was, that he alone possessed the power to keep order. Cullen would begin training, a brutal regime, necessary to be perfected by the time Fen'Harel woke and there was none other that she trusted with this task.

Before she departed, she had gathered her forces in the courtyard. She'd explained what would come next and asked that they be prepared for the arrival of others. In time they would be split between Tarasyl'an Te'las and Vir'revas, but there was much to do before that could happen. She would return to Kirkwall to procure Isabela her boat and be sure that Orana was well. Once these tasks were completed, she would set out in search of Alistair and Neria. The wardens would be relieved of their burden and recruited if they so chose. Then, on to the mages as she stripped the Templars of their ability to interfere.

She'd relieved Anders of the blight before she left, bidding farewell to her heart with a sad smile and a soft kiss. Stay strong she'd told him as a tear trickled down his cheek. Return to me quickly he'd replied, sadness sweeping over him as he'd watched her turn away. Together, they'd watched as she went, opening her portal and stepping into nothing. An eerie silence washing over the courtyard as they stood looking where she'd been before turning away, going back to their duties. Fenris lingered, along with Anders and Justice, just a few moments longer, then following after the others.

The months passed as her tasks grew fewer and time slipped away. She'd returned to Kirkwall, disposing of Castillon and retrieving the Tome of Koslun before advising Isabela to depart immediately. She'd located Alistair and Neria, freed the wardens and sent everyone to Tarasyl'an Te'las. She'd simply walked in the front door of the circle towers, stripping the Templars of their addictions and the gifts they granted. The mages had readily agreed to join her revolution, save a few, who were allowed to go their own way. Felassan was retrieved before she awakened and accompanied him personally to the dungeons of Tarasyl'an Te'las. He would remain there, under her wards, until such a time as she could speak with him properly.