Chapter XVIII

Iri woke before the sun, it was rare for her to sleep longer, since her time with the inquisition. The constant pressure of such a position had afforded her little solace, and she had began to rise early in an attempt to catch a glimpse of peace. Her feet padded softly as she descended the stairs, her white silk robes swishing lightly with her movement. She headed for the kitchen in search of tea. It was easy to find and with the contents in the pot, she called heat to her fingers and warmed the water.

She filled a cup and took a sip, "Good morning, Justice." she said, without turning around. "DEVOTION. ANDERS IS DISTRESSED BY YOUR PRESENCE, WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS?" Justice boomed. She smiled, turning to face him, all light cracked skin and blazing blue eyes. "My intentions are to right a terrible wrong, and in doing so, gain a powerful ally to aid me in preventing the destruction of the world. There is nothing unjust in that, you have no argument to make, Justice. I know that Anders is wary, if I were in his position, I would feel the same. But, the fact remains, that letting the entire world burn in destruction, killing all that lives, is entirely out of the question." she replied.

The glow of Justice flickered for an instant as Anders tried to gain control, but he pushed him back, surging again. "YES, YOU ARE RIGHT. IT WOULD BE UNJUST TO ALLOW THAT. BUT, YOU WILL HELP HIM?" She regarded him for a long moment and shook her head before answering. "Have you truly not told him, Justice? I suspected as much, but after all this time, why would you not? Do you not think this is important?" He fidgeted nervously and she lifted her arms in disbelief, a huff fell from her as she let them fall with smack to her thighs.

"I DID NOT KNOW HOW TO TELL HIM, THE ELF IS NOT HIMSELF. IT WAS AGAINST MY NATURE NOT TO TELL HIM, BUT WE HAVE GROWN. I DID NOT WANT TO HURT HIM." He said remorsefully. Iri moved around the island and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, once again catching the struggle between the two entities. "He will understand, in time, and it is better that if he suffers heart ache, that it was suffered by my hand and not yours. But yes, Justice, I will help him as much as my capabilities will allow. I did not come her to destroy a great man, however misguided his ambitions may be. Now Justice, let Anders out, I see him struggling. We will need to speak again at some point, but for now, it can wait." She paused for a moment. "It really is good to see you Justice, it's been too long old friend." Justice hummed in agreement and allowed Anders to take control.

"Really? What? You know Justice now, too? This is getting just a little too fucked up for my liking! Oh! And I suppose that if you know Justice--Justice! You fade touched piece of nug shit! You knew..a...about them! And you said nothing! Aaaahhhh!!" Iri had been waiting for this, she'd watched him twist and itch in her presence since she'd arrived, this had been inevitable. "Don't you give me that crap Justice! Protecting me! You call this protecting me?" She couldn't help the grin that tugged at her lips. Anders was flailing his arms wildly and the man was outright screaming at himself, it was really rather amusing.

Fenris appeared in the doorway, roused by the noise, just as Iri stepped forward. Anders came to an abrupt halt from the pace that'd he been wearing a path in the floor with, and glared down at her. She smiled softly and placed her hands on his shoulders, washing her magic over him. He sucked in a breath and a groan escaped his lips as his eyelids fluttered. Fenris quirked an eyebrow and cleared his throat to announce his arrival, but she remained as she was. Anders was purring and looking like he may melt into a puddle, when she finally stepped back and turned to Fenris.

She smiled sweetly at him, "Good morning, Fenris." she said. "Are you seducing my mage, Lothieriel?" Her breath caught at the use of her name by his lips, "I...it's, possible" she managed. "You..wha..no!" Anders stammered, pulling a chuckle from Fenris as Iri gave him a mock glare. "Well..not that that would be..ah..you know, bad...." He dragged his hand over his face, "Oh, Maker....." He mumbled, before changing the subject. "What was that magic? I've never felt anything like it. It--it felt like, I can't quite...love? It felt like love." he said thoughtfully.