Chapter 1

Hey guys! Thank you so so much for reading this book!! If you haven't already, it would be awesome if you could check out my other Captainsparklez fanfictions:

-A Tiny Spark May Burst An Eternal Flame

-When Sparkz Fly  

-Agent Sparklez

I really hope you enjoy this story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SO CALL UPON THE TORCH TONIGHT! TO BRING OUT ALL THE GHOSTS TO LIGHT! BECAUSE AT LAST WE HAVE TO GO, ITS TIIIMMEEEE-"

"TANNER SHUT UP!" I scream down the hallway at my annoying little brother.

"Give me five reasons why I should!" He yells back to me. I get up from my desk where I was trying to read and stomp to his room.

"One, I'm trying to read. Two, the neighbors are going to start complaining. Three, you're giving me a headache. Four, that song is the most annoying thing in the world. And five, you suck at singing." I say smirking and crossing my arms. Tanner glares at me.

"Fine, six."

"Six, if you don't shut up I may just have to... TICKLE YOU!" I yell launching at him.

"NO!" He screams trying to move out of the way, but he isn't fast enough. "Stop... Please..." he says between laughs.

"Will you stop singing?" I ask.

"YES! YES... Just... Please... Stop!" I stop and he lays there panting.

"That's what I thought." I say walking out. I plop back down in my chair and continue to read. I hear my phone buzz and see my mom is calling me.

"Yello?" I say.

"Hey sweetie, how are you?"

"Fine," I say back, only half listening.

"That's good. Have you started looking for a job yet?" I groan and bang my head down on the desk. "Well that's a great sign." My mom mumbles.

"Do I have to?" I whine.

"Yes, you do have to. If you don't feel like moving out, you have to pay rent."

"Why do I have to move out?"

"Because, you are 20 years old." She snaps at me. "Most people move out of their parent's house at 18."

"Yea well most people get excepted into college." I say picking at my fingernails.

"Well whose fault is that?" She says. That pissed me off so I hang up the phone and throw it onto the floor. I hear her call a few more times but I ignore it. A few minutes later Tanner walks in with his phone held out.

"It's for you." He says holding it out to me.

"If it's mom then I don't want to talk to her."

"It's not." He says holding it out. I snatch it from him.

"Hello?" I spit out.

"This is important Katrina. It's not about jobs or moving out or school." I roll my eyes at my mothers voice and look up at Tanner who is smirking.

"Liar." I say to Tanner. "Fine mother, what is it?" I say.

"There's a new person moving in next door and I want you to bring them the gift basket that I have set out." I groan.

"That sounds like a job to me." I whine.

"Quit complaining. I'm working later than I thought I would be tonight so I can't do it."