Chapter 15

Hey guys! Have I told you all how amazing you are and how much I love you? You have changed my life for the better and you make me feel all happy and fluffy inside :3

Anyways, enough sappy shtuffz, here's the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I walk across the street, between all the trucks pulled up in front of the restaurant. I am the first one here so I take a quick look inside all of the trucks. One is filled with wood and paint and marble. Another is filled with furniture, appliances, and electronics. In the truck behind that one is carpeting and behind that truck is a small van that belongs to the electric company. And last in the line is the plumbing company.

Once everyone shows up Kayla moves to the front of the group.

"Ok Everyone! Today is a big, BIG day! The electricians will begin putting in all the electrical stuff while we work on carpeting, appliances, painting, and building and rebuilding things! Now, I need five people with a keen eye to detail and perfection! Also, preferably a good leader." A hand is raised on the other side of the group. I look to see it is Jordan, he is standing as far away from me as he possibly can. "Great! Jordan, come on up here! I need four more!" Four more people, reluctantly, raise their hand and join Jordan and Kayla. "I am going to split the rest of you into five groups!" She gives each person a number between 1 and 5. Everyone joins with the people with their same number.

"Now that you are each in a group, I will assign the groups a job, and a captain from the five volunteers I have up here." She gives each group their job, my group has to rebuild the stairs. Our captain is some girl named Aubrey. Her brown hair is died blue at the tips and her voice is really high-pitched and nasally.

"Here we go!" Aubrey trills. "Each of you can have a job! Casey, you can handle measurements. David, if you could hammer and drill that would be awesome! Jamie and Luise, I need you guys to cut the wood to the right sizes." She says to everyone. "Ok guys, let's get to work!" She cheers. Everyone gets to doing their job. I look around a little confused.

"Uh... Aubrey, what am I supposed to do?" I ask. She turns and looks at me with disgust.

"Oh. Right. You can carry the wood over here."

"But that won't take me more than five minutes. What am I supposed to do for the rest of the three hours?"

"I don't know. Go home early. I hear you like doing that." I stare at Aubrey, mouth agape. Aubrey smirks at me, obviously pleased with herself. My whole body begins to shake with anger. I am unable to stop my arm from reaching out and smacking her across the face. Aubrey lets out a pained cry and falls to the ground. The sting in my own hand lets me know the hit was powerful. Also the fact that there is an outline of a hand on the girl's cheek.

"WHAT IS GOING ON OVER HERE?!" Kayla shrieks, running over to the scene Aubrey and I just caused.

"I slapped her." I say matter-of-factly.

"I can see that!" Kayla yells. "But why?!"

"Because she's a bitch."

"I meant what did she do, Katrina." Kayla says sternly.

"She was being a bitch."

"Do you think this is funny?!" Kayla screams at me. "Because I sure don't! Either you quit causing conflicts or I won't let you back here!" I let out a laugh. She really doesn't understand that I don't want to be here, does she?

"In that case..." I turn around and kick Aubrey in the gut. I hear the grunt that signifies that the wind has just left her lungs. "Bye everyone!" I call. "I won't miss you!" I stomp off, but not towards home. No, because then I will have to explain to my mother why I'm home so early. And I don't think she would really want to know about that.

Instead, I walk towards the Starbucks and sit at my little table on the corner. But, right now, people watching doesn't make me feel better. It makes me want to punch a hole through every person's face that passes me. So I go for a long walk instead.

I walk until I lose all sense of time. I let the sun soak into my skin, I let the fresh air fill my lungs over and over again. I focus on the unique smells that reach my nose, notice how they shift and change to new ones as I walk along. Eventually I end up back at the Starbucks that I started at. I'm not sure how that worked out, but I don't really care. I go and sit back down at my corner table.

After a little while the gurgling noises from my stomach bring me out of my daze and I go inside and order a cinnamon roll and a hot chocolate. I sip the hot chocolate silently as the sun warms my face. I take in each breath slowly, savor each bite.

"I thought I'd find you here." I hear from behind me. I look up to see Jordan standing above me. I groan and put my head in my hands.

"I just got relaxed." I complain.

"Oh well that's just too bad." Jordan says, sitting down with me. He doesn't say anything for a long time. He just watches me drink my hot chocolate as I avoid his gaze.

"Can I help you?" I finally ask. "Or did you just come to stare at my face. I mean, I know I'm sexy and everything, but you're kinda creeping me out." Jordan laughs.

"No, I wanted to talk to you, but I was going to wait until you were ready to listen."

"Well, I've got nothing better to do, so go ahead."

"I talked to Kayla. She agreed to give you one more chance." I glare at him.

"Don't you understand I don't want to go back there?! I'm done with that place, I'm done with those people, and I'm done with doing work."

"Kayla is going to make sure that Aubrey doesn't come near you." Jordan says, completely ignoring my rejections.

"I'm not going back Jordan."

"You will be moved into my group, we need more people working it."

"Are you even listening to me? I don't want to go back, and if I did, I definitely wouldn't want to be in your group."

"My group is working on painting the walls and counters and stuff. I think it is the most fun job." I wave my hand in front of Jordan's face.

"Hello-o?! Earth to Jordan! Do you not understand the words coming out of my mouth?!"

"I do need your help picking out the colors. We spent the whole time today thinking of color schemes. We narrowed it down to three but I would like it if you helped." I let out a sigh and lean back in my chair. Jordan reaches into a bag and pulls out a folder. "The color schemes are in here, along with the new layout of the restaurant that I drew."

I open the folder and look at the piece of lined paper he called a "layout." I can't help but laugh at the crappy, disorganized placement of random squares and circles.

"You call this a drawing?" I say in between laughs. Jordan rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I suck at drawing. You don't need to tell me that."

"Yeah, you really do." I look at Jordan and see his smile that spreads through-out his whole face. Even his eyes sparkle with happiness. I let out a sigh and grab the folder. "Fine I'll help. But I can't say I will like it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOAH! IT WAS SO LONG OMGIZZLE! Haha, so yeah, I figured I should give you guys an extra long chapter because I missed one yesterday!

This chapter is dedicated to cupcakevolley5 because she is AMAZING! She is making fan art for my channel and she is SO cool and sweet! She also has a book I really like called "Decisions (A Captainsparklez Fan Fiction)" and you should all check it out!

Vote if you liked it, comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani