Chapter 26

I'M BAAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!! Thanks for being so patient everyone!! It means so much that you guys are willing to stick through this with me :) I've dropped one of the classes that was causing me an insane amount of stress and I now have an extra study hour that I am getting a lot of work done in so that should give me more time to write every day.

Anyways, here is your chapter everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Kat's POV>

I wake up curled up on the couch. I pull the blanket up to my chin and take a deep breath. It smells like a mix of peppermint and men's deodorant. But that isn't what my house smells like. My eyes snap open and I sit up, scanning my eyes around the room. At first glace I thought I was at my own house, but it isn't. This isn't my house, it's Jordan's.

I jump up furious. I storm to Jordan's room to yell at him but he isn't there. Suddenly I hear voices from the back room. I go to the door and reach out for the handle, but freeze when I hear laughter. I press my ear to the door and listen. There are a couple voices coming from inside, about three or four. I realize he is probably recording and I recognize one of the voices from some the few videos of Jordan's that I watched. I think his name is Adam. I can't tell who the other two are though.

I listen to Jordan's laugh and can't help but feel relaxed, sort of happier. Why was I even mad at him? For giving me a place to sleep last night instead of rudely waking me up? For giving me a blanket when he seen that I was asleep and cold? I realize now how ridiculous that sounds and back away from the door slowly.

I stand in the middle of the living room silently. I look from his office- or recording room, or whatever he called it- to the front door. Trying to decide weather I should stay or go. After a little while I sigh and head to the front door.

"Hey where you going?" I hear from behind me. I turn around and smile at Jordan. "I didn't wake you up did I?"

"No don't worry, you didn't wake me! I was just about to head home."

"Oh ok," Jordan says. I can tell he is trying really hard to hide it, but there is a little bit of disappointment in his tone.

"Why? What's up?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Oh, nothing. I just thought that once you woke up we could go grab some breakfast or something," He says softly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Sorry man, but my mom is probably freaking out because she has no idea where I'm at. I should head home."

"Well you could tell her where you've been and where you are going, then come." I shrug and start to walk towards the door.

"Sure why not? But I think I'm going to take a shower and change. I'm in the same clothes as yesterday." I walk into my place to see my Mom sitting on the couch. "Hey," I say coolly as I walk in.

"Hey," she says back in the same tone of voice as me. "Where'd you go last night?"

"Oh I just crashed on Jordan's couch for the night."

"Ok," she says back, her tone almost bored.

"You... You don't care?" I ask, getting a little angry. She gives a short laugh and looks at me.

"Katrina I stopped caring about where you disappear to years ago." I feel a weight in my stomach from her words. They usually don't hurt me, usually nothing she says can get to me, but that did.

"Wow, what a great mother," I snap. She laughs again, but this time with more of an angry undertone.

"I'm not being a bad mother Katrina. I'm just done with al your drama. You were supposed to have left almost four years ago, when you were 18, like normal people do. I worried about you and cared for you much longer than most mothers have to. Besides, I like Jordan and trust him so I'm cool with you sleeping there for the night. And I trust that you did sleep on the couch. He doesn't seem like a perv or whatever." I glare at her, angry at her for not caring about me. Finally I just stomp to my room and get ready to go.

<><><><><><>

I knock on Jordan's door and he opens it, a large smile on his face. I look down at his pants to see jeans replacing his usual basketball shorts.

"Whoa, was I supposed to dress up? I didn't realize that we were going to such a nice place," I tease. He steps aside, letting me in.

"Oh shut up," he says with a laugh.

"No really, I think I have a ball gown in my room, but even then you may still be outdoing me."

"Am I not allowed to wear jeans every once in a while?" 

"No, no it's cool! I just almost didn't recognize you!" He pushes my shoulder playfully and I laugh. "So where are we going?"

"I'm not sure yet. I was thinking we could just walk around until we find somewhere that looks interesting."

"That sounds awesome!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! New chapter! Hopefully they will be up more regularly now...

This chapter is dedicated to puppylove0101. Congrats on 100 followers and I hope everything goes well. You are one of my best friends and I wish nothing but the best for you. Everyone go check out her books if- for some reason- you haven't already. She is very talented and sweet and you should all go and read every one of her books and follow her. Fo Sho

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani