Chapter 17

DONT SKIP PAST THIS IF YOU NORMALLY IGNORE MY AUTHORS NOTES! (It's ok, I ignore most people's author's notes too...) I just wanted to say to each and every one of you, thank you. This book has reached number five if you search Captainsparklez. Now I have TWO books in the top five. Do you have any idea how insane that is? I feel kind of selfish for that. I don't feel like it's fair of me to take two spots from other people who really want it. But it is still the most amazing thing I have ever have happen to me. You are all so sweet and amazing. To those who don't comment or vote or follow me, I still love you guys too. The only reason I don't dedicate a chapter to you is because I don't know you are there. I wish it told me every person that has ever read a chapter of this, because you would ALL get a dedication! Thank you all so much!

Anywhozers, here is the chapter that is kinda late cuz I went out to eat today...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week goes by and the restaurant is almost finished. All that's left is to paint the walls, place the flooring. The groups that finish their assignment get to stay at home until the last day, when we bring in the furniture, unless they want to help other groups. There are only two groups left, The flooring group, and our group. The flooring group is going to help us paint, and we will help them with flooring, so we are kind of one big group.

Everyone has already seen the layout that I created and we began outlining the design in painting tape. We get to work on the details. Jordan and I are working on one of the wave looking shapes that I made. We are painting it the light sky blue color. We work in silence, the awkwardness between us tangible.

When I scrape my brush against the side of the can a little bit flicks up on to Jordan's face. I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand. Jordan stops mid-stroke and touches his paint splattered cheek. He turns to me slowly and looks at me, eyes narrow. I drop my hand to my side and smirk.

"Oh you think this is funny?" Jordan says.

"Hilarious." Jordan gives a side smile and I snap the brush at him again, purposely sending paint towards him. This covers half his face and he jumps backwards, squealing. I fall to the floor laughing. "You... sound like... a girl!" I say between laughs.

"Yea well..." You can see the gears in Jordan's head turning as he tries to think of a comeback "You... Uh... You do to!" He says like a small child. I half expect him to stick his tongue out and stomp to his mommy any second now.

I now have to clutch my stomach because I am laughing so hard. I begin my ugly laugh where I snort and tears squeeze out of my eyes. Jordan crosses his arms and pouts his lip out.

"Stop laughing at me!" He says in a whiney tone.

"I'm sorry! I can't help it!"

"You know what?!" Jordan says. He throws a whole bunch of paint at me and it splatters against my clothes. I jump up and gasp.

"You did NOT just do that." I say.

"Oh, but I did." I look up at Jordan to see his signature side smile greeting my gaze.

"Oh. It's on."

"Like Donkey Kong?"

"Like Donkey Kong." Jordan and I splash the paint at each other until we are covered with it. Jordan holds up his hands in defeat.

"Ok, you win! I don't think there is a single inch of me not covered with paint!"

"Are you sure about that?" (Get your mind out of the gutter you immature twat!) I grab his wrist and flip his hand over. I paint the palm of his hand with the paint. He squirms around and jumps, trying to get his hand out of my grasp but failing.

"STOP IT TICKLES!" He squeals. When I'm done he looks at it.

"It actually looks kind of cool." His eyes flicker up to me for an instant and I immediately know what's coming. My eyes widen and I run away screaming. "WAIT KATRINA! I ONLY WANT TO GIVE YOU A PAT ON THE BACK FOR YOUR GREAT WORK!" I giggle and run in circles around the restaurant. He finally catching up to me and smears his hand down my back.

We laugh until we hear someone above us clear their throat. We open our eyes and look up to see Kayla standing above us.

"Don't get me wrong, I much prefer this over slapping and kicking people, but I'd appreciate it I you got back to work." Jordan and I look at the ground and rise slowly. We walk back to the spot we were working on and start to work again.

A little while later a smirk spreads across my face. I paint my hand with the green paint without Jordan noticing.

"You're doing great over there Jordan. You deserve a pat on the back." Jordan yelps and doves out of the way at the last second and my hand makes contact with the wall instead. I gasp and stand back. "SHIT!" I yell. "I'll never be able to cover that up!" Jordan stares at it in silence.

"Maybe... Maybe we don't cover it up..." I look at him to see his eyes trained on the wall thoughtfully. I take a few steps back like him, and stare at it too.

The green on top of the blue like that is beautiful. I spin slowly around in a circle and look at the blue wave that I have designed to go all the way around the restaurant. I envision every inch of the blue space covered with the green handprint.

Not only would it look amazing, but it could be something to leave our mark. To show that we were here. I put my hands in my hair, forgetting about the paint on them, and let out a sharp breath.

"Oh my god." I whisper. "This is genius."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOOOHHHH THEY GETTIN FLIRTY UP IN THIS HIS-HOUSE!!!

.....ok let's ignore that....

This chapter is dedicated to bookworm102030! They left some lovely comments on my last chapter and are super sweet! Thanks! (I'm on mobile right now so I will give you a real dedication tomorrow!)

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani