Chapter 12

GUYS THIS IS #15 IF YOU SEARCH CAPTAINSPARKLEZ! LIKE WHAAATATTTT?!?! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?! THANKS SO MUCH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grunt with each hit onto the counter. I finish this one much faster than the last and stand back and look at it proudly.

"Do the grunts help?" Jordan asks, sarcastically. I turn to look at him. Even with the giant pair of goggles on, he still looks sexy.

"Don't make me regret agreeing to let you help me." I say, frustrated.

"Sorry, sorry. It was just a joke. You're really fast at this." Jordan says.

"I just imagine it being your face. It makes it much easier." I say with a smirk. He slowly turns back to his counter and begins working again, trying to ignore what I just said. I laugh and get back to my destruction. Jordan and I work in silence for a long time, until Jordan finally finishes his first counter. I hear it crash beside me and I turn to look at him.

Jordan throws his hands up in the air, fist pumping. "OH! IT'S YER BOIII!!!" He yells. I can't help but laugh. He turns to me and smirks. I quickly turn away and frown. I hear him sigh beside me. "I'm trying so hard. I'm trying to get you to see I'm not a bad guy. Whatever I did to make you hate me I'm sorry."

I go back to work, ignoring his apology. I hear a really loud crash from his direction, making me jump. I look at him to see his swings are much more aggressive. You can see the anger course through every part of his body. He swings down again, harder, and he grunts loudly. The hammer flies through his second counter.

"I guess the grunts do help."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Ok guys! It's super hot out so lets take a quick break!" Kayla yells into her bullhorn. I wipe the sweat off my forehead and set my hammer and goggles on the only counter still intact. Jordan does the same. We walk over to a table that has apple sauce cups, cheese sticks, and pink lemonade set out.

"What does she think we are? Kindergarteners?" I ask, glaring at the snacks laid out on the table.

"Only I'm pretty sure this would be considered child labor." Jordan says from beside me. I burst into laughter.

"Don't you have to get paid for child labor? This is just torture. Forcing us against our will to build something we don't get anything out of?" I say with a giggle.

"I'm pretty sure you're the only one who is being forced against their will. We all volunteered." Jordan says, now laughing with me. I look up at him with a smile and his dark brown eyes stare into my own. I feel my body relax and a warmness spreads through my veins.

We look at each other for a while before I realize what was happening. My smile drops from my face and I clear my throat, turning my head away. I grab my lemonade and walk over to the steps. I sit down and put my head in my hands, closing my eyes.

The stair creaks beside me, notifying me that someone's sitting next to me. They don't say anything, and I don't look at them, but I know it's Jordan. I lift my head from my hands and chug my lemonade. Jordan takes one tiny sip, then tilts his head to the sight slightly as he swallows. I look stare at him as he takes another sip and repeats the odd movement. It's almost like some kind of tic.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Jordan says, not looking at me.

"Why do you do that weird thing with your head when you drink." I ask. He looks at me confused.

"What weird thing?" He asks.

"You tilt your head to the side." I point out.

"I don't know... I mean I guess I never really noticed that I did that." Jordan says.

"Well it's weird." I say bluntly. Jordan sighs.

"Guess it's over." Jordan says.

"What's over?" I ask.

"That moment we were having there."

"I'm allowed to laugh at someone's jokes even if I hate them." I say, getting up and walking back over to my station. I break down the last counter. Kayla comes over to me and pats my back.

"Good job Katrina! You finished it with an hour left! I have another job for you to-"

"No. I'm going home." I say. I set down the hammer and goggles and walk across the street to my complex and up to our condo. When I open the door I see Mom sitting on the couch. She looks up from her book to see me slam the door.

"I thought you weren't done for another hour." She says.

"I left early." I say stomping into my room and slamming the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked that chapter! Katrina has feelings?! WHAAAATTTTT?!?!?!

This chapter is dedicated to that_1_fangirl! She is a newer commenter and she has a really good CS fanfic called "Sparks Ignite (a captainsparklez fan fiction)" that you should all go check out!

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani