Chapter 33

Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I was at a birthday party and it was SO fun! I got bored looking for a birthday card for my friend so I just got one that said "YOU DID IT! YOU MADE A BABY!" and the inside was filled with pictures of baby bottles and rattles and all I wrote inside was "I don't get birthdays." .................I'm really weird, I know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jordan pulls me into the living room and holds out a few pieces of paper. I take them in my hand and stare at it confused. One is a plane ticket to Boston and the other looks like a ticket.

"What's this?" I ask, looking up at Jordan.

"Tickets," he says with a smile.

"To...." I push.

"PAX East. It's a gaming convention thing."

"Oh yea! I think I might have heard of that before."

"Yea, and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me," he says scratching the back of his neck.

"I'd love to!"

"I also have a panel that I was hoping you could attend."

"Attend?" I say with a laugh. He crosses his arms and raises his eyebrows. "Ok, ok sorry. It sounds fun." Jordan smiles and brings me into a tight hug.

"I'm glad I don't have to be alone on this trip. It'll be a nice change." I can tell he is trying hard not to sound sad, but his voice cracks a little. I look up into his eyes and smile lightly.

"I'm glad I can keep you company." Suddenly I realize how long I have been over at Jordan's house and I think of Tanner. "Hey Jordan, can you do me a ginormous favor?" I ask pulling away.

"Of course! Anything!"

"Can you get two more tickets?" He raises his eyebrow, silently telling me to elaborate. "For Tanner and his friend Brice. You've met him a few times."

"Is he the creepy one?"

"Yea, but it's his best friend so I assume that he would want to go also."

"Wow look at you, being nice! I like it!" I shove him with a laugh.

"Tanner's wanted to go for the past three years, and feel bad for him because he's sick and all. I thought this may cheer him up." Jordan smiles at me and I slap my hand against my forehead. "Oh my god you are starting to rub off on me or something. Stop it, I don't like it! I don't wanna be nice to people!" He laughs and shakes his head.

"You are something else, you know that? I think the tickets are sold out but I'll see what I can do, I can get more plane tickets, I'm just worried about getting into PAX."

"Aww come on! You're the almighty Sparklez! I'm sure you can pull some strings!"

"Maybe at Minecon," he says with a chuckle. "But Minecraft isn't the only game at Pax, so I'm not really one of the big guns there. But I can definitely try!"

"Thank you so much," I say giving him a light kiss on the cheek. "I should head back now. My mom probably just woke up and is looking for me."

"Ok, I'll see you later." I head out and go back to my apartment and see Mom making herself a small fruit salad.

"Hey, is Tanner asleep?"

"Yea, he was looking really bad so I took him to the doctors, he said it was a really bad flu and he was getting dehydrated."

"Jordan and I are working on a surprise for him." Mom looks up at me, lifting an eyebrow.

"What?"

"I wanted to do something nice since he isn't feeling well so Jordan is trying to pull some strings." Mom sets down the banana she was cutting and stares at me.

"Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?" I glare at her.

"Maybe this is why I don't like doing nice things, because you guys react like this."

"We wouldn't react like this if you did nice things more often." I cross my arms and start to stomp towards my room. "Now Kat, wait! I'm just confused, is all. Last time I talked to Jordan you were having an episode and he was pretty sure it was his fault. Last time I talked to you, you hated his guts."

"Well things changed. We're dating now." Mom lets out a loud laugh but freezes when she realizes I wasn't kidding.

"Wait you're serious? Wow..." I turn around again and she grabs my arms. "Stop it, I'm sorry. I'm just confused how drastically things changed, so quickly." I sigh and sit down on one of the bar stools.

"I just realized I was wrong about him. I realized he is actually one of the sweetest and most genuine people I've ever met... And he's one of the very few people on this planet that actually cares about me, even though he has every reason not to." Mom sits down on the stool next to me and places her hand on mine.

"That's great Kat. I'm so happy for you, I really am. I was hoping you'd see what Jordan was really like. I'm so happy that you found someone that cares about you, and you can care for. I really think it will help you a lot." She hugs me close and, for the first time in years, I allow her to. "So what's this present you and Jordan are planning?"

"I'll tell you when it's confirmed!" I say, heading into my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked that chapter! It was a little shorter than the last few have been, but I'm going back to school tomorrow so that's probably the length the chapters will be from now on :/

Bad news bears guys, this story is probably going to end after they get home from PAX. It ended up being much longer than I wanted it to be. I was planning on 30 chapters but I guess that didn't happen lol

This chapter is dedicated to my bae VintageZebra! She just started a new Captainsparklez fanfic called "Sailing in Endearment" and it is incredible. If you don't check it out then I am DEFINITELY judging you! She is one of the best writers I know and she is one of my bestest internet friends. She deserves so many more reads than she has and you BETTER READ IT OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! NO JOKE PLAYA!

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani