Chapter 30

Guys this is kinda important. My account is going to be making a BIG turn over the summer. The first day of summer I will post the first chapter to my new BajanCanadian fanfic! I will also be starting "True Love" back up, that's my MinecraftUniverse fanfic, and I will begin "Before The Stars" which is the prequel to When Sparkz Fly, but Jordan WON'T be in it. And I may possibly restart my Hunger Games one I was writing a while ago, but that's unlikely.

Now you guys are probably wondering if I will start another CS fanfic. Unfortunately the answer to that is no. I have three CS fanfics and I really want to expand my audience. I may start another CS one when fall starts back up or when I finish one of the other books, but that won't be for a long time. I'm really sorry, but I also have other interests and I want to reach out to more people.

Also, this book will probably have about ten more chapters. It's getting really long and I'm running out of ideas. I have one more thing planned, then it'll be done, and you guys are either going to love or hate the ending. I don't think there will be any in-between.

Anyways I'll stop rambling! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stare out the window of the car. Mom places her hand on my knee, trying to calm me. We pull into the all too familiar parking lot and I stare up at the old brick building. My body shakes and I'm sweating like crazy.

"I don't want to go back in there Mom," I whisper.

"Kat you have to. I don't want you to go back to how you were before." My eyes start to burn, but I don't allow tears to come out. I sniff in and nod my head, straitening up in my seat. I open the door and slowly walk up the path to the front doors of the building. I push open the doors and walk to the front desk, Mom trailing not too far behind me. A woman that I don't recognize sits in front of a computer.

"Is Bridgett here?" I ask the lady at the front desk. She narrows her eyes at me.

"You mean Doctor Crenchaw?" She says in a nasally voice.

"Sure, whatever, Doctor Crenchaw. Is she here?" The woman sighs and rolls her eyes. "Your name?"

"Katrina."

She pushes a button and speaks into a small microphone. "Doctor Crenchaw, a Miss Katrina is here for you." Seconds later a door on the other side of the room opens. Bridgett stands in the doorway.

"Katrina! It's been so long! How have you been?" She says coming to greet me. I look down at my shoes.

"That's kinda why I'm here," I whisper.

"Of course, of course! Come right on in!" I follow her into her room and sit on the old couch.

"Kat, sweetie, I have to go pick Tanner up from school, he's not feeling well. I'll be back in a little while ok?" Mom says, placing her hand on my shoulder. I nod and grab one of the throw pillows on the couch, squeezing it against my chest. Bridgett closes the door and sits down at her desk.

"It's been a while! Like two years, right? What brings you back?" I stare down at my shoes.

"The episodes are coming back. I can't prevent them anymore." The smile falls from her face and she furrows her eyebrows, crosses her legs, and nods, just like she used to do.

"I see. Do you have any idea what could be causing your stress at the moment?" I give a short laugh and throw the pillow back beside me. "I'll take that as a yes. Talk to me Katrina."

"Well about a month or two ago this guy moved in next door to me. Ever since he got here I guess I just stared to get more and more stressed. I didn't even really notice until I almost had an episode earlier today. Usually I would notice when I was that stressed."

"There's an old saying. If you put a frog in a pot of boiling water it will instantly jump out. But if you put it into cold water and slowly turn up the heat until it boils, it will stay in there and be boiled alive," she says.

"Ok so I'm a frog? That's what I got out of that." Bridgett laughs and shakes her head.

"Before you had huge mood swings where you would all of a sudden be having an episode after you were just happy. The change was so drastic that you knew something was wrong. Now there was so much stress building up that it made sense for you to snap at people every now and then. So once your stress levels kept rising slowly your behavior also started changing slowly. But it was such minor changes that you didn't notice how serious your situation really was until it was almost too late."

"Ok that's great and all, but I really don't care about why I'm stressed out. I just want to not be stressed out." Bridgett nods and smiles.

"That's why your here, right? Don't worry. We will work it out."

<><><><><><><><><>

I thank Bridgett for helping me as I walk out the door. Once I'm in the lobby I see Jordan sitting in one of the chairs. I stop dead in my tracks and glare at him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I growl at him. He holds his hands up and stands.

"Chill Kat. Your mom had to take Tanner to the doctors and she wanted me to get you." He scratches the back of his neck and gives a light smile. "Besides, I really wanted to talk to you about earlier."

"No. I'd rather walk home," I snap at him.

"Kat it's at least a two hour walk home."

"Fine I'll take a taxi or something."

"With what money?" I glare at him and I feel all the muscles in my body begin to tense.

"Fine," I spit with every ounce of venom I can muster. His eyes widen a little then he clears his throat and turns.

"Ok then, let's go." I follow him to his car and get in the passenger side, crossing my arms across my chest and staring out the window. We sit in silence for most of the ride.

"What's wrong with my brother?" I ask finally.

"I'm not sure, your mom just said she was going to take him to the doctors. She didn't sound very worried though." I nod and look back out the window. "Listen, can we please talk about what happened earlier? I have no idea what I said to tick you off, but whatever it was I'm sorry." I clench my jaw and ball my ands into fists.

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Yea well you don't get everything you want in life," he retorts. I whip my head around to face him.

"Excuse me?!"

"I'm sorry it was a joke."

"Well I didn't find it funny." Pain begins shooting through my whole jaw from squeezing it so hard. I un-ball my hands and press my nails into my forearms.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything ok? I really didn't mean to say anything to offend you."

"I SAID QUIT TALKING TO ME!" I scream. Jordan jumps, caught off guard by my outburst. At this point we are at some familiar surroundings and I assume we are about five minutes from home. We pull up to a red light and I open the car door and get out. I sprint away from Jordan's car and head home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayyooo!!! Pretty long chapter for you guys! I hope you like it!! I am going to try and update every day this week because I'm on spring break! WOOO

This chapter is dedicated to Themeromesisters who commented on so many chapters and is super nice and sweet! Thank you so much! You should all check out all of their books!!!

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani