Chapter 20

Hey everyone, I am SO sorry about disappearing off the face of the Earth for over a week. It has been an INSANE two weeks. I have been on and off with being horribly sick, then when I go back to school I get double or triple the homework so I have no time to write, then the days that I'm sick I am either doing the bucket loads of homework, or I am too sick to sit up and write. I hope you all forgive me. I'm not quitting or anything crazy like that. Don't you worry, I'll be here longer than you even want me to be... ha... hA... HA... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!

.....Sorry about that....

Anyways, HERE IS LE CHAPTER!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Jordan and I get home I quickly hop in the shower before I have to meet Ashley at the mall. Once I get there, I find Ashley immediately. She is flirting with some guy, or at least trying. From the look on his face, he is not into her at all. I walk over and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Ash, leave the poor boy alone." I say from behind her. She spins on her heels and squeals at the sight of me.

"Darling you're here!" She says, pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Run while you still can!" I whisper to the boy. His eyes widen and he runs away. Ashley pushes away from me and puts her hands on her hips.

"Thanks a lot! I think he was really into me!" I laugh and pat her on the shoulder.

"It'll happen eventually Ash. But not today." She crosses her arms and makes a pouty face.

"Whatever. He was ugly anyways." She mumbles under her breath. I shake my head with a smile.

"Sure, ok. I have a lot to talk about so can we get moving?"

<><><><><><><><>

"Wait, so I'm still confused about one thing." Ashley says as she picks up a skirt to look at it. "Do you like like him? Or not?" I glare at her.

"No. But that isn't my point. I thought you would be proud of me for making a new friend." Ashley smiles at me and puts her hand on my arm.

"Oh Kat of course I am! We'll all have to hang out sometime!"

"You always just jump strait to conclusions. Just because I'm friends with a guy doesn't mean I like him." I say harshly.

"No, it's just... The way your eyes lit up when you were talking about him, and that stunning smile you couldn't keep off your face... I haven't seen you like that since you first started dating Bra-"

"I don't like him." I snap at her.

"You know your defensiveness is not helping your case."

"I DON'T LIKE HIM OK?!" I scream. Everyone in the storm turns around and stares at me. Ashley places the skirt back on the rack and pulls me out of the store. She drags me towards a bench and makes me sit down. I do, and pull my knees to my chest. She sits down next to me and rubs my back softly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I've just known you long enough to know exactly what you are thinking and feeling at any moment in time." I look up at her, raising an eyebrow.

"That sounded really creepy." I say.

"It was supposed to." I give a small laugh. Ashley brings her knees up to her chest, mimicking me. "You're more than my best friend. You are like the sister I never had-"

"But you do have a sister." I say, correcting her.

"Yea but I don't like her. Anyways, my point is, I love seeing you happy. And Jordan obviously makes you happy. I'm not quite sure what events happened in the past month that made your guys' relationship flip completely around, but I don't care. I'm proud of you, and you don't have to date him if you don't want to. But I must warn you that if you don't make a move on him, I will."

"I hate to burst your bubble Ash, but he's kinda terrified of you." She leans back and puts her arms behind her head.

"He'll warm up to me."

"I highly doubt that."

<><><><><><><><><><>

As I'm unlocking the door to my condo I hear a whisper from next to me. I look over to see Jordan peeking his head out of his door. I smile at him.

"What are you doing?"

"Is Ashley here?" He whispers.

"Uh, no?" I say confused. He gives an exaggerated sigh of relief and opens the door all the way. He steps out into the hallway to come talk to me.

"Good, no offense but she makes me feel kind of uncomfortable." I let out a loud laugh.

"It's ok, she makes everyone uncomfortable. Did you need something?"

"Oh, yea. I was wondering if you could come over later so we could think of some designs for Jane's house." I open my door and step inside.

"Sure. I'll come over after dinner." I say as I close the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM BACK! I DIDN'T DIE! WOOOO!!!!! Ugh, I have a really bad cold and my head is killing me, hope you liked that chapter! I tried to get Ashley to put some humor into this chapter! So I hope you loved it!

This chapter is dedicated to MickySkates! She is super nice and she just started a Captainsparklez fanfiction called "The Chance of a Lifetime (A Captainsparklez FanFiction)" that you should check out :)

Also, thank you guys SO much for 10,000 reads!!! It is absolutely amazing! I love you all so much!

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani