Chapter 11

Finals are over and I'm back on that writing grind so don't you worry everyone! A new chapter should be up every day!

I am about to pass my friend in reads with "When Sparkz Fly"! She has 33k on her book and I have 30k! (Which is ridiculous btw! Thanks so so much everyone! It means the world!)

Anyhow here is your chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and groan at the thought of going to volunteer today. I don't want to see Jordan and it is way too much effort for just twenty dollars. I smirk and walk down the stairs.

"Ok Mom, where is my twenty dollars?" I say.

"I already paid you yesterday." She says confused.

"Yea, it's twenty dollars per day that I help." I say crossing my arms. You can see the gears turning in Mom's head as she tries to remember.

"I said I'd give you twenty dollars alone. Not twenty dollars per day." She says, slightly unsure of herself.

"No, you said specifically, 'Since you are nice enough to do this Kat, I will give you twenty dollars per day.' I remember clearly."

"I never said 'per day' Katrina. Stop messing with my head."

"You did too, and I'm not going unless you give me my money." After 20 years with me, Mom has realized that it is futile to argue with me, so she takes out a twenty dollar bill and slaps in into my hand.

"You are ridiculous." She says disappointed. I laugh and get into the shower.

<Le Time Skip To "Volunteering">

I sit on the same step as last week and listen to Kayla talk. As soon as she is done she walks over to me.

"I think I have found the perfect job for you Katrina." She says with a proud smile on her face. Her hands are behind her back, and she rocks back and forth on her heels.

"I doubt that." I say. I watch as Kayla moves her hands in front of her, revealing a sledgehammer.

"You wanna destroy those counters over there?" She says tilting her head in that direction. I reach out and grab the hammer from her hands.

"Why not?" I say walking over there. There are goggles waiting there for me. I pick them up and place them on my face. Kayla is standing behind me, watching. "So, basically, I just beat the shit out of this thing until it's destroyed?"

"Basically." Kayla says.

"You're smarter than you look, blondie." I say, smirking at her.

"Thanks!" She pauses and a slightly confused expression spreads across her face. "I think..." I laugh and she walks away. I look at the counter.

"You ready to die?" I ask the counter with a laugh. One of the other girls looks at me with a scared expression. I give her an evil smile, and lick the sledgehammer like Miley Cyrus in the wrecking ball music video. The girl squeaks and runs away, making me laugh.

I turn back to the ash covered counter and slam the hammer down. It makes a little dent and the impact sends a shock through my shoulders and causes a little pain to go through my spine. I take in a deep breath. I imagine Jordan's face on the counter. I slam my hammer down, letting out a deep guttural growl. The hammer flies through the marble, leaving a gaping hole.

I look down at my work proudly and let out a little laugh. This time I imagine Tanner. I bring down the hammer, laughing at the sound of it hitting the smooth stone. I start to bounce and laugh louder. One after another I picture the face of every person I hate plastered onto the counter until it is destroyed. With the tenth hit the counter collapses into a pile of dust, ash, wood, and marble. I stare down at the pile, breathing heavily. I let out a small laugh.

"Remind me not to get on you're bad side." Kayla says from behind me.

"Don't get on my bad side." I say, smirking. Kayla laughs and rolls her eyes.

"Ok, so you can do the rest of the counters. Do you think you can be done today?" I look at all the counters that form an "L" around the room.

"Probably not." I say honestly.

"Well then I'll have to get you a partner." Kayla says with a slight frown.

"I can finish it today." I say quickly. Kayla gives an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry but I really need this done today or we will be set behind." I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Fine." I say reluctantly. She looks at me kind of hesitantly. "What?"

"Uh, well, there is only... Uh, one other person here that's.... Strong enough to do this." I know instantly who he was talking about and I glare at her.

"I don't even care. Just tell him to stay out of my way or the hammer may accidently hit his face instead of the counter." I say, turning around and picking up the sledgehammer again. I begin crashing the hammer onto the marble over and over, until I hear the sound of a second hammer beside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all liked that chapter! It was kinda short, but I think it was pretty good!

This chapter is dedicated to GirlieGirl306! She is a newer reader and commenter! You should check out her book "Why Not? (A Captainsparklez, BajanCanadian, and Woofless fanfiction)" It is so interesting and has a cool story line and you should check it out!

So vote if you like it, and comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani