Chapter 18

TODAY IS MY DOG'S BIRTHDAY AND I FORGOT ABOUT IT! I FEEL LIKE A HORRIBLE SISTER AND I WILL NEVER FORGIVE MYSELF! Normally I make her these little dog treats where I take a really small ball of peanut butter and put honey nut cheerios around it, but since my whole family forgot about her birthday, WE DON'T HAVE HONEY NUT CHEERIOS AT MY HOUSE! NOOOOO!!!!! I will go hide my head in shame now!

Here is le chapter of awesomeness my friends! (Hopefully awesomeness...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finish all the painting that day before we go home. Jordan and I walk home together, and talk about random things. When we head upstairs we talk in the hallway for a little while.

"You know, we have been neighbors for almost a month now, and I have yet to get your number." Jordan says.

"You're right." I hold out my hand, implying for him to give me his phone. He opens up a new contact and I put in my number, then give it back to him. "You're turn," I say giving him my phone. He hands it back a second later.

"We are officially good neighbors!" He says, making me smile.

"Well I have to get all of this paint off of me, hopefully it will come out of my hair." I say with a light laugh. Jordan nods his head.

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow. We get to put the flooring down. Yay." He says, rolling his eyes.

"Such fun. Very work." I say impersonating the doge meme.

"Wow." Jordan replies back to me, also referring to doge. I smile widely and head to my place. Once inside I head to my room and shower, thinking about today. It had been one of the best days I'd had in a while... All thanks to Jordan. I sigh at my conflicting, and annoying at some times, feelings towards him. I really want to hate him, but I can't. I'm not even completely sure why I hated him so much in the first place.

When I get out of the shower, I notice I have a message from Jordan. It reads:

-I was wondering if you wanted to join me for breakfast at your people watching table tomorrow?

I smile, I didn't think he would remember that. I type back quickly:

-Sure, why not?

<><><><><><><><><>

I walk down to the Starbucks where I will meet Jordan. I go to my table and see that he isn't here yet. I let out a frustrated sigh, that almost sounds like a growl. I sit at the table impatiently, tapping my foot and playing flappy bird on my phone.

"I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with this. This game concept has been done like a million times before." I turn to see Jordan standing behind me.

"Thanks for making me wait. You made me get up an hour earlier than usual and you weren't even here." I say.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't sure what time we were meeting, and this is the time I usually come." He looked at the empty table in front of me. "You didn't get your food yet?"

"I thought I was supposed to wait." I say defensively.

"No, that's ok! Now I won't be lonely while I stand in line." I get up and follow him to the crowded line. There is a little bit of awkwardness between us as we share some small talk, but soon we warm up and fluent conversations start. We talk for a long time, right up to the last minute, then we have to leave.

We finish the flooring with an hour left and we spend that time talking about what we enjoyed about helping out. Most of the things were cheesy things like making new friends, helping someone in need, contributing to the community, blah blah blah.

Eventually three o'clock rolls around and it's time to go home. Jordan and I repeat the same events as yesterday, walking home, talking, standing in the hall between our condos, talking.

"Can I see your phone?" I ask al of a sudden. I begin to change my mind about what I am going to do, but it's too late, I've already said it. Jordan looks at me, skeptical.

"Uhh... Sure?" He unlocks it and hands it to me. I go into the contacts and make a slight change to my contact information, and hand it back to him. Looking into his eyes to see if he notices. He looks down at his phone for a little while, then his eyes begin to shine and a small smile creeps along his face.

"You changed your name to Kat." He said quietly. I nod and smile back. "I thought only your friends could call you Kat." I nod again, this time I walk to my place and go to my room. I flop down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I can't keep this stupid grin off my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AWWWWWWW IT'S S CUTE! THEY'RE FRIENDS!!! ASDFGHJKL;

Anyways, yesterday was a big day for me guys! I made it to the top five, I got 100 followers, AND WSF got 35k reads!!!! That is totally ridiculous and amazing and I can't believe it!! Thanks so much!

Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to my 100th follower CaitlinFord!!!! Not only is she my 100th follower which is AWESOME, but she is really nice and has an amazing Deadlox fanfic! It's called "Dead at first sight (A Deadlox fanfiction)" and she is SO close to 300 reads! Everyone check it out and get her to that goal!

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it

<3

Nani