Chapter 10

I lean against the building next to the burned down restaurant with my arms crossed. The group of bubbly and annoying girls bounce around and socialize. Every one of their nasally voices are like nails on a chalkboard in my head. One of the girls come over to talk to me.

"It was so nice of you to agree to help rebuild! It is so great to have new people join our group!" I glare at her, my eyes piercing through hers.

"I'm not joining your group." I say harshly. "I'm only here because I'm getting paid."

"But, we are a volunteer group." The girl says confused.

"My mom is paying me to be here."

"Oh..." She says, the cheer from her voice almost completely vanished. She slowly turns to leave, nervously twirling her finger in her blonde hair.

"Ok everyone, we are waiting for one more person then we can get started." The head of the group, Kayla, says.

"Fun." I mumble sarcastically. I get a few dirty looks from some of the girls, to whom I flip off. Kayla continues to speak. Either she didn't notice, or didn't feel like dealing with me at the moment. Probably the latter.

"Oh I think this is him coming now!" Everyone eagerly turns their head to see the final member approaching. I only groan and tilt my head back, closing my eyes.

"Glad you could make it!" Kayla says. "Everyone this is Jordan." I snap my eyes open.

"Hello!" Jordan says cheerily. I get up and glare at him.

"Ok everyone, shall we begin?" Kayla says. Everyone cheers, except for me and Jordan. "First step is to clear up as much rubble as we can. We will end in three hours, and meet back here. Remember, work as a team, respect each other, and have fun. Let's get to work!"

"Yep, not doing any of those." I mumble as I walk away. I go over and kick over a wooden board in the middle of the floor. I sit down on the only stair still intact and bury my face in my hands. "Why did I agree to this?" I moan.

"I was wondering the same thing." I hear from above me. The stair squeaks as I feel someone sit down next to me.

"Go away."

"Nah. I want to talk to you." I look up and glare at Jordan.

"Did you only sign up for this to torture me?"

"No. Your mom told me about it and I thought it sounded like a good idea."

"Please, you are probably just waiting for the paparazzi to show up. That would be great publicity huh? 'Famous YouTuber does charity work!' Probably put a few more bucks in your pocket." Jordan lets out a long sigh.

"I don't know why you think I'm so conceited. I don't do YouTube for money. I do it to make people happy, and because it makes me happy. The fact that I make money from it has nothing to do with it."

"So you're telling me, if you didn't make a single penny off of it, you would still make videos?" Jordan pauses for a second. "That's what I thought."

"Now hold on, you didn't give me a chance. I would be making videos, but probably like one a week, and I wouldn't have nearly as many subs as I do now. Because I would have to get a job, and work to keep myself alive. But I would still be making a video every so often."

"Whatever Mr. Perfect life." I say rolling my eyes.

"Is that it?" I look back at him confused. Anger and frustration spews from every part of his body. His fiery eyes, his pursed lips, his clenched jaw, white knuckles. "Is that why you hate me? Because your life sucks and mine doesn't?" My jaw drops.

"What did you just say?" Jordan stands up, shaking his head.

"Of course. You're just jealous that I'm happy." he says with an angry laugh

"I am not! I'm angry that there are people out there that have hard times, but you wouldn't know that. You just go around and shove your fame and money in their faces."

"News flash! Everyone has hard times! Including me! I just chose to do something about it instead of moping around and bringing everyone's spirits down like you do." I snort.

"Yea? And what was your problem exactly? You had so much money that you didn't know what to do with it?" Jordan glares at me, not saying a single word.

"I'm done with you. I'm done trying to be nice to you. I hope you like not having any friends, because it's going to stay that way unless you stop being a bitch to every person that tries to be nice to you." He stomps away to help one of the other girls in the group. I let out a long sigh and lay my head against the wall. This was going to be a long three hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M BACK BITCHES! BET YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD SEEN THE LAST OF ME! AWWWW SNAP!

Ok I'm sorry, I greatly apologize for that... But a new chapter! YAYYY!!! Chapters should be daily again! Finals are over so I don't have to study any more! WOOO!

Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to puppylove0101!!! She is adorable and a new commenter/reader! You should read her book "Sparklez (a captainsparklez fanfiction)"

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it

<3

Nani