Chapter 14

Ok so I kid you not, I had a real life High School Musical moment. We had a sub in English today and she was talking and she said "There's so much fear" and one kid in the back of the room was just like "YOU'RE NOT SAFE HERE!" then the whole class just started singing Frozen and as soon as we finished that song, they moved on to let it go. Some of the people in the class was in an acapella (Idk if that's how you spell it) choir group and they started singing like the background music and one kid one banging on their desk like drums... The sub gave up trying to get us to quiet down so she just sat down at her desk and started recording it. It was the most amazing experience of my life.

Anyways! Here is the chapter for today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jordan and I walk along the sidewalk towards the burned building. We continue to play the game as we go along. By the time we get to the restaurant, my cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling so much. We head into the group and wait for Kayla to start the announcements. She begins quickly after we arrive and we get to work. Kayla walks over to Jordan and I and smiles.

"I'm happy to see you two are getting along!" She trills. I roll my eyes. "I have another job for you today!" She pulls out two sledgehammers and two goggles and smiles widely. "I need you guys to break down the stairs over there!" I grab the hammer and goggles without question and head to the stairs.

"This job is actually pretty fun!" I say to Jordan as he follows behind me.

"Some of the time." Jordan says with a chuckle. I pull my goggles on and watch as Jordan does the same. "Let's do the first one together." He suggests. I raise my hammer high above my head in response. We count down to zero and bring the hammers down onto the steps. It collapses underneath us and we cheer and high-five each other.

We continue on until we get to the middle step. The one that my leg got caught in when I came in to get the dog.

"This is where I saved your life." Jordan says pointing to the step. I freeze and the smile on my face falls. I feels the familiar feeling of anger that constantly controls me start to bubble inside my stomach. I have no idea why, but that comment caused me to forget about the last few hours and remember my real feelings towards Jordan. I glare at the step, Jordan's eyes on me causing more anger and frustration to travel it's way up my body. I starts to trail up my throat and out my mouth in an aggravated scream. I swing my hammer down as hard as I can and watch half of the stair crumble to pieces in front of me.

The entire restaurant has gone silent. Jordan stares at me wide-eyed, mouth agape. Everyone around me stares in confusion, shock, and fear. I myself don't even make a sound. I only stare at what I have done. Destroying this stair without a moments hesitation, screaming in anger. It signified that the funniness and happiness that Jordan and I were sharing moments ago has ended.

In the heat of the moment I turn to look at the group of volunteer workers around me. My eyes burn with hatred towards each and every one of these people.

"Well?!" I yell at them. "What are you looking at?! Get back to work!" Everyone quickly returns to their jobs and avoids looking at me. I turn back and look at Jordan who still stares at me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I thought we were-"

"What?" I interrupt. "We were magically going to be best buddies in a matter of minutes? Newsflash Jordan, this is real life. Things like that don't happen." (Lol how ironic...) Jordan closes his mouth and glares at me. He turns to face the stairs, shaking with anger. Now he yells and brings the hammer down on the other half of the step. It collapses completely below us.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see Kayla standing behind me. She has a look of disappointment on her face. She has one hand placed on my shoulder and the other on Jordan's.

"I thought I could trust you two with this job, but I guess I was wrong." She sighs, shaking her head slightly. "Jordan, I have another job you can help with. Keep working Katrina." Kayla pulls Jordan ahead and I watch as she leads him to a frail young girl with blonde hair. She smiles widely at Jordan and they shake hands. He begins to help her with whatever project she was working on.

I get back to work on my steps. Each swing has malice to it, each grunt more of a growl. I finish hacking down the stairs just before it's time to leave. Kayla calls a group meeting at the end.

"The time of breaking things down, and moving things out is over. We have finished that stage and are now moving on to the stage where we build things up and move stuff in! This is the most fun part! So come prepared to work hard tomorrow because the big trucks are coming in with the heavy items! We have twice as many men as before so hopefully the extra muscle will be of help!" She says, motioning to the six guys standing in front of her. "You can leave now everyone, see you tomorrow!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was kinda short, I'm sorry, but we went out to eat today so I had less time to write!

This chapter is dedicated to MinuteToWinIt314! He is a new reader/commenter/voter. He has a really good book called "Excuse You (A Captainsparklez FanFic)" and you should all check it out!

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani