Chapter 13

OMG NINJAGO CAME BACK ON YESTERDAY AND I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! LIKE OMF THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVARRRR!!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry about not uploading the past few days. Yesterday I was uber busy all day and just didn't have time until really late. Then I was too exhausted to write so it would have been really short and really bad. And I was kinda grounded yesterday so I couldn't post a chapter.

BUT NOW I CAN SO HERE YOU GO!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and check my clock. It is 9:30, a whole hour and a half before I need to wake up to get ready for volunteering today. I feel completely awake so I decide to get out of bed and hop in the shower. I turn on the water so that it is a scalding hot temperature.

When I get out of the shower I head downstairs and make myself a waffle. I eat in silence until Mom comes down the stairs.

"Why are you up so early?" She asks with a yawn.

"It's ten. That isn't that early." I say annoyed.

"Yea well you usually don't wake up before eleven, and it looks like you've already showered. So it's early for you."

"I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so I just stayed up." I finish eating and slip on my shoes.

"Where are you going? Your volunteering isn't for another two hours." Mom says calling after me.

"I'm going for a walk. I need some fresh air." I head outside and sit at one of the tables outside of Starbucks. I don't actually buy anything, I just sit there, feeling the cool morning breeze against my face. I close my eyes and take in the smells of coffee and sweets around me. I hear the scrape of metal against the cement. There is a creak, suggesting that someone sat down in the chair beside me.

"Hi." I hear a male voice say beside me.

"Not interested." I say, my eyes still closed.

"Oh well that's too bad." The voice says. I let out a sigh and turn to look at Jordan.

"Are you obsessed with me or something? You, like, follow me everywhere I go." I say.

"I guess I'm just like a virus, I'll never go away." He says. I stare at him confused.

"You do know that viruses can go away right?" Jordan scrunches his face and looks up, seemingly deep in thought.

"I guess you're right... I'm not very good with pick up lines and stuff like that." I look up at him, smirking.

"A pick up line, huh?" Jordan lets out a breath and hides his face in his hands.

"I'm not doing good today. I think a need to go back to bed." I give a little laugh. Jordan peeks his eyes between his fingers, looking at me with a dorky smile. I can't help but giggle at how adorable it was. He lifts his face from his hands and beams at me. I look at his perfect smile and feel giddy at his adorableness.

Suddenly I come to my senses. I shake my head and my smile drops from my face.

"So why are you here?" I ask. Jordan's smile drops along with his eyes and he plays with his fingers.

"I come here for breakfast every morning. I think I should be asking why YOU are here."

"Oh, I don't really know. I woke up early and I like to come here for quiet and to think."

"Why here?"

"Well for one, it's the only place that won't kick you out if you sit here for six hours without buying anything. For two, it's a really busy street and I have a.... hobby of sorts..." Jordan crosses his arms and leans back in his chair.

"Hobby, huh?"

"Yea, it's kinda weird... But basically I watch the people walk by and make up a life story for each of them, and I say where they are going and why they are going there. Or else if they are talking on the phone I make up the conversation they are having." Jordan blinks at me. "See, like this person here." I say pointing at a woman in super high heels that is sprinting by us. "She just got done with a meeting and she found out that her car was towed and she couldn't find a taxi and she is going to be late to pick up her daughter from school, so she is just running there." Jordan still stares at me like I'm crazy.

"You're right. That is weird." I glare at him.

"I didn't have to share that with you, you know."

"No, no! A good kind of weird! I like it!"

"Yea, sure, whatever." I say starting to stand up. Jordan touches my arm gently.

"His wife kicked him out of his house so now he lives I a really run-down shack where he has nothing but a bed a kitchen and a table. But he still owns one really nice suit from when he was married, so he wears it around LA, wanting to make people think he is rich and has important places to be." I look to wear Jordan is pointing. A man walks by us with a briefcase in his hand. He wears a really sharp and expensive looking suit and walks with perfect posture, his nose sticking up into the air slightly.

I burst into uncontrollable laughter. I have to clutch my stomach an sit back down in my seat. Jordan gives his side smile.

"How much you wanna bet his briefcase is filled with McDonald's because it's all he can afford to eat?" He adds. Now I am laughing so hard that tears begin slipping from my eyes. Jordan joins in with me. It takes me a solid five minutes before I am able to regain my breath.

"That is the best one I have ever heard! Are you sure you haven't done this before?"

"So I'm not a horrible person anymore?" Jordan asks me. I give a sly smile.

"Not all the time." I look at my phone and check the time. "We have to be at the restaurant soon, you want to start to head down there?"

"Sure lets go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all enjoyed that! And hopefully it wasn't TOO late of an upload! Anywhozers, THIS IS NUMBER 10!!!! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!?! THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!

ONE QUICK IMPORTANT NOTE THING... I hate to ask this of you guys, but my friend has 33k reads on her book and she was kinda rubbing it in my face a little bit, back when When Sparkz Fly only ha 450 reads, and now she is still at 33k and I'm SO CLOSE to passing her in reads. She is perfect in every way at everything she does and I envy her. But I just want to be better than her at SOMETHING, ya know? So if you could maybe spread the word a little about WSF that would be SO great! I just really want to rub it in her face and do a victory dance. You guys are all SO amazing that I don't feel TOO bad about asking, but it would still mean a lot :)

Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to Just_A_Pig! She is a really new reader and has commented on almost every chapter of WSF and this book! That takes dedication and I love it! She doesn't have any books yet, but you should still send her some love :) (I will give you an actual dedication tomorrow, I am on mobile right now so I can't do it until I get a computer)

Vote if you liked it, comment if you feel like it

<3

Nani