Chapter 37

Jordan and I walk back into the panel room and we go back to our microphones to quiet everyone back down.

"So sorry about that guys!" I say over the last few voices. "There was a... um... slight emergency I had to take care of, but everything is ok now! The Q&A time is, unfortunately, over. BUT we will still be doing the signing right now!"

"But one last thing before you guys leave!! Please respect Kat's privacy and don't ask her about what happened. Thank you all for coming, and thank you all for being such amazing fans. It means so much. You can all head out to the signing line now and we will meet you there!" We watch as everyone quickly files out of the room. Once the room is empty Jordan turns to me and looks me in the eyes. "Don't feel like you need to explain anything to them. If they ask anything just let me handle it." 

"Thank you Jordan. Thank you so much for understanding." He puts his hand on my face and presses his forehead against mine. I close my eyes and breathe deeply through my nose, worried my breath still carries some traces of vomit. Jordan leans in closer and I turn away. "You probably don't want to do that..." I whisper. He sighs and pulls back.

"No, I really do want to do that, but if you don't want me to then I'll respect that," he says, unable to hide the disappointment in his voice. He grabs my hand and leads me out to the table where we will sign stuff. Once we get to our seats the line erupts into cheers. 

"SLAY ME DOE?!?!" The first person in line shouts loudly above all the other voices. Everyone erupts into laughter until Jordan beckons for the line to move forward. "My name's Kieran!" The boy says. "I was the one who shouted earlier, you know the one that said 'YOU COULD NEVER BORE US BB!' you remember that? Do you remember me?" He asked excitedly, talking so fast we could barely understand him. 

"Totally man, we remember you, it's only been like an hour," Jordan says with a light laugh. 

"OH THANK THE TASTY LAWD JEEBUS!" He squeals. I burst into uncontrollable laughter.

"Oh my god I love this kid! Can we keep him Jordan?" I ask. Keiran squeals and drops to the floor clawing at the table, trying to hold on. He hops up quickly and puts on a pair of puppy dog eyes.

"PWEASE TAKE ME! SAVE ME FROM MY HORRIBLE BROTHERS!" I join him with his puppy dog eyes and stick my lip out. 

"We need to keep the line moving," Jordan says through chuckles. I turn to Kieran and shrug.

"Sorry dude, what Captain BuzzKill here says, goes. What did you want signed?" He hands me a foam Minecraft sword. I start to hand it over to Jordan but he stops me.

"WAIT AREN'T YOU GOING TO SIGN IT?!" I look at him confused for a second then back down at the sword.

"Oh, yea, sure. I just didn't think you would want my signature."

"WHAT?! Look gurl, you are perfect tbh. Of course I want you to sign it!" I smile at him and sign my name, then hand it over to Jordan to sign. Jordan hands it back and Kieran jumps up, squealing again and laughing. "MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!" He starts to leave but turns around and points at me. "Stay decent Kat!" He yells before he runs away. I laugh and look over at Jordan.

"He is officially my new favorite person." Jordan rolls his eyes playfully, and lets the next person come up.

"Hi I'm Andrew." He hands a minecraft sword to Jordan to sign. "I was actually wondering, can I ever play with you Captain? Just me and you in a survival games or something?" Jordan scratches the back of his neck as he hands the sword back. 

"Sorry dude, but if I play with you then everyone will expect me to play with them. I wish I could do that though!"  Disappointment floods Andrew's face and he nods slowly.