Letter 10

Dear Daisy,

I finally finished my speech:

Hello everyone,

thank you all for coming today, we all want to make this farewell as short and painless as possible, I know how hard it is to lose someone close to me, I know how hard it is to move on but I have never felt like this before. I have never felt so empty and so sad for such a long time. My Daisy was and still is someone very special to me. She understood me when no one else did, she held my hand when I needed one, she brightened up my day whenever I felt sad. My Daisy was one of the good people on earth, the ones who wear invisible wings. The ones who would look after someone else before they made sure they're alright themselves. The ones you just want to spend every second of the day with.

She is a very beautiful woman, inside and outside. I remember when we first met, we both were at a club and all of our friends were completely wasted. She didn't have money for a taxi so I offered her a ride, the best thing I have ever done in my life. Since that day I couldn't think of loving anyone as much as I love her. I couldn't define what I feel for her at first since I never loved someone with all my heart. I never felt this need to be near someone all the time.

Daisy and I often spent time alone, somewhere only we knew. A place that we thought would be a good escape from all the people that never learned how to love, they don't know how it feels to know someone else better than you know yourself, they don't understand why I am so crazy for this woman but I am. I always was, there wasn't a second I ever doubted my love for her. She is my everything there is nothing that could make me stop loving Daisy.

If she was still with us, we would probably lay on the sofa in our living room right now, I would hold her hand and kiss her hair, she would giggle because that's just how she is. Daisy laughed a lot. Not a single day passed without a smile on her face. She always used to laugh at me, there wasn't a real reason for it, but she just loved to laugh. Daisy loved a lot. I can call myself lucky that I was one of the things she loved. She told me everyday how much she loved me and I swear, I would give up anything, just to hear it one more time. Just to kiss her one more time, to feel her one more time.

She passed before her hour, before our wedding and before she could mother my children. There is a lot I regret. I regret every second I didn't spend with her, every fight or argument I tried to win. I regret not dancing with her as much as she maybe wanted to. I regret not kissing her every time I had the possibility. There is so much I want to do with her, so much I want to experience with her but can't anymore. My chance just passed by and there is only one thing on my mind since my Daisy passed. It's our plan. We have a plan. It keeps me alive and helps me when I think of her. It help me whenever I cry, it mitigates the pain from not having her here with me. But she's watching from above right now, she's watching and I know that she's glad so many people came. She's sorry for not being able to say goodbye to everyone here but you know what? You all didn't really care about her. You all are here to feel better about yourself. You're all happy that it wasn't your partner and that you still have the ones you love next to you. You're all so ignorant and fake. You pretend to care just the let your ego feel better. But guess what? One day you all will die just like the ones you love and I'll be gone already, with Daisy. We won't have to pretend and to smile when we actually want to cry. We can be ourselves without all of you.

I know the end is a little harsh but I couldn't help it. I can't just be there and pretend it doesn't hurt me. They're all going to hold hands and maybe even kiss their partners. And what will I do? What will I do when they all look at me with this fake pity in their eyes? I wish I could hit them and hurt them just as much as I hurt myself but the truth is, I make a fool of myself.

I love you Daisy