xiv

next thing i knew we were in the airport, navigating through the gates. i had already paid josh back for the seats- let me rephrase that - i had already forced josh to take my money for the seats, so everything was alright. i had no clue how i'd repay him for my graduation, though. i full week with my dad was the best thing i could ever ask for. but, he's back on duty now. at least they finally found him.

"so... since we're moving to la... do you still want drum lessons?" josh asked, earning a small chuckle from me.

"i dunno... i can't afford much more $400 a month lessons..." my voice trailed off in a teasing manner.

"maybe i'll lower the price." he replied wittily.

"oh really? at what cost?" i interrogated. i swear it sounded like i was flirting for a second there.

"half of the monthly rent and dealing with me."

"deal." i put out my hand, and he gripped it firmly in a shake. strong hands...

flight 147 to los angeles now boarding all first class passengers.

the muffled voice echoed through the area, multiple people getting up. all those lucky rich people, getting wine and stuff- why is josh getting up?

"you are coming?" he asked me, his luggage all in his hands. he had even more than me. i just had a backpack and one small suitcase, meanwhile, josh had two backpacks and 3 carry on suitcases. no clue how he got past security with that much carry-ons.

"first class?" i questioned, getting up with my light luggage.

"yup. only the best." he stuck out his hand to lift me up, which i took. the thing was, he didn't let go of my hand. did he forget i have a girlfriend? well, had. but, he doesn't know we broke up. and i'm a lesbian anyway! ... right?

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

we got off the plane safely, and man was the air different in california. more polluted for sure. i couldn't tell if it was from the waste or the people. probably both.

josh's hand was still in mine, but this time it was so that we didn't loose each other. we were in lax, after all.

i saw a few people looking at us and seemingly whispering, but no one acted. finally, we got out of the large airport, and i called an uber to pick us up. josh's hand was still tightly gripping mine, and to the untrained eye, it might just look like we're a couple...

the uber arrived quite quickly, and josh seemed in a big hurry to get out of there. he appeared to let out a huge breath when we were in the car... odd.

"you okay?" i asked josh, rubbing circles on the back of his hand with my thumb.

"yeah... crowds just stress me out." he gave a small chuckle and my hand a reassuring squeeze. i nodded, then turned my head to look out the window.

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

we got "home, " and i was immediately intimidated. the place looked so... expensive. like a place a celebrity would live in.

i went to where josh said my room was, and the first thing i saw was a massive window overlooking the city. how did josh find this place?!

i unpacked everything from my three suitcases total, and josh was still taking in all of his 10 and more suitcases.

my room was already furnished pretty nicely. it was simplistic but in an artistic way. a few polaroids and some of my pictures the place would be like home. i had an entire suitcase dedicated to my polaroids. it was delicately divided into two sides, light and dark. one side was all pictures of things depressing i'd found over the years, and the other side were happy. then i had a few that would go down the middle that could be either or, depending on your mood.

once i had my room the way i wanted, all that was left was to put up my polaroids. just about 6 hours of non-stop work and it'll be done.

about an eighth of the way into starting my light side, i heard someone clears their throat from my doorway.

"need some help there?" josh asked, leaning in the door.

"it'd be nice," i replied with a small smile, continuing to hang up the polaroids. i made sure to use the type of stuff that stuck to the wall but wouldn't make a mark when i had to take them off. my easel was up and ready to be used, my canvases stacked beside it. did i mention i minored in the arts?

"so... you're organized, huh?" his fingers slid across the surfaces of some of them.

"yeah... it's a long story." i chuckled and reached over to the pile of animated pictures, continuing to hang them up.

"do you want them in any specific order?"

"just put the ones on the right side of the suitcase on the right side of the wall, and the ones on the left side to the left."

he nodded and started to the left. oh, how i hoped that he'd go to the right. he made some strange faces at my pictures but continued hanging them up.

( how the polaroids look with her bed, but darker and light contrast on either side

( how the polaroids look with her bed, but darker and light contrast on either side. )

"you're the human embodiment of the aesthetic side of tumblr..." josh muttered as we looked over the final product. it was silent for awhile.

"do you wanna tell me the story?" josh broke the silence.

"huh?" i snapped my head towards him in confusion.

"earlier you said why the pictures are so spilled is a long story. you don't have to tell me; i have plenty of time to earn your trust since we live together now." he got up from where we were sitting.

"yeah.. i guess you'll have to win that story," i replied sassily.

"oh trust me, i will." his words almost send shivers down my spine.

almost.