xx

i helped josh take out the last of his boxes - which there were a lot. today was the day josh was moving out, and i was back on my own.

as if to match my mood, the rain was pouring down on us as we moved the boxes out to the truck that he had rented primarily for moving. i have no clue where he gets all this spending money, he just wants then buys and doesn't even worry.

"that's it," i stated as i turned to josh, who was just standing there in deep thought. if only i could read minds.

"whatcha thinkin' about?" i questioned and stepped towards him. his hair was soaked now. it was kinda hot...?

he took another step towards me, just a small one. "this is goodbye, i'm guessing?" he folded his hands in front of him.

"nah. just.. see you later. as cliché as it is, goodbyes mean you're gone forever." my voice was quiet, something i wasn't used to around friends. i'm usually pretty outspoken, but josh had messed me up so damn much. he kept taking these small steps towards me, and i soon joined in getting closer and closer, our eyes not leaving each other. his hands cupped the side of my face like i was porcelain, ready to break any second.

then, his lips were on mine.

i didn't even notice that i had started to kiss back. josh was kissing me. i was kissing josh. and i'm never going to see him again.

i didn't have any control; it was all him. all i had was my hand softly placed on his chest, but his hand on the side of my neck as so overpowering. this, my friends, is the definition of bliss.

our eyes remained closed when we parted, foreheads gently pressed against each other as our chests rise and fall almost in sync.

"see you later?" josh muttered. i opened my eyes to see him staring back at me, a small smile playing on his lips.

"see you later."

and those were the last words i spoke to josh dun.

4 years later

it's been 4 years, and i haven't thought about josh once.

well, maybe that's a lie. i've just pushed him into the back of my mind, and i call it "forgetting."

my new career has helped me quite a bit in forgetting, as i have to stay on my regular diet even more strictly than before. i finally fulfilled my childhood dream of becoming a victoria's secret model. they think i'm on the recommended diet, but i like mine better.

after josh had gone out with tyler, i took full action into actually pursuing myself. i met a girl who was a vs model herself while i was just with some company, and she put in a few good words in for me.

needless to say, i now have everything i want in life. my dream job, my dream house, all the friends i need, and a little teacup pomeranian.

sure, all the other models have boyfriends, but who needs a significant other when you have a puppy? not this girl!

i have dated a few people here and there, but none of them actually came through as i planned. so, i stuck with my puppy, and now i'm planning to be a dog lady. ( a/n: she plans to be a bum, so she just might become someone? )

"lynn!" i was snapped out of my daze by my best friend, daisy. she's the one who got me this job, actually.

"were you even listening?" she whined, folding her arms over her chest.

"uh something about a concert?" i guessed. sometimes, she'd just drone on and on about thing, and i just kind of zone out until she brings me back.