lxiv

a/n: i miss your comments. they kept me going. (please don't feel like that's a guilt trip it sounded worse than it was meant to)

-

josh was at tyler's house on that wednesday, trying to come up with anything that would point to why rosemary wasn't available. no, he wasn't only hanging out with tyler as a second choice. tyler was his first choice if anything.

the silence in the room continued as josh thought, that is until tyler groaned out loud in frustration.

"dude! what is up with you?" tyler faced josh, catching him completely off guard. "is it that girl?"

"uh- yeah..?" josh's voice trailed off as he tried to pin if it was 'that girl.'

"well don't keep it in your head, she's interesting. spill it all." tyler rested his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands, listening fully to what josh would say.

"she's like... so confusing. she doesn't speak and i don't know why, i just want to get to know her and have her tell me things she wouldn't tell other people, you know?" josh rambled, leaning back on the couch.

"you know, that's what i thought when i started liking jenna." a mischevious smile played on tyler's face and he raised his eyebrows at josh. josh chuckled and rubbed his eye, leaning back forward. he was really antsy talking about rosemary, for whatever reason. then, tyler dramatically gasped, causing josh to look up.

"what?"

"you like rosemary!" tyler shouted and pointed right at josh like they were some kids on a playground.

"shut up, ty." josh blushed unnoticeably and crossed his arms over his chest, rolling his eyes with a small smile he tried to hold in.

"josh likes rosemary! josh likes rosemary!" he chanted in a teasing voice, getting up and running towards the stairs. "jenna! josh likes rosemary!" tyler shouted up the stairs to his wife, making josh cringe.

"really?!" jenna was soon charging down the stairs and back in the living room. she sat down on the loveseat across from the couch followed by tyler, who put his arm around jenna. 'gross, coupley stuff.' josh thought, being the bitter single guy he was.

"no, no i do not. she is my friend who i would like to get to know-"

"he said he wants to.. oh what was it again josh? 'get to know her and have her tell you things she wouldn't tell anyone else'?" tyler smiled devilishly, jenna gasping at josh's words.

"you like her!" jenna repeated tyler's own words, the same shit eating smile on her face.

"that's what i said!" tyler smiled down at his wife, earning him a kiss and a gag from josh. he wasn't verbal about it of course, but still. he would always be jealous of what they had.

"i've known her for like a month, calm down you guys." josh chuckled, his face reddening. he didn't like her like that, they were just friends. he wasn't up for a relationship, anyways. he was enjoying the single life, actually. she seemed like the type who wouldn't date either, so, they were on the same boat.

"where did you meet?" jenna asked, adjusting herself under tyler's arm. i wanted to have someone who could get comfy with me like that. in a friend way, of course. i'm single and happy. not bitter at all.

"your wedding." josh definitely couldn't forget how they met, she almost got shot for pete's sake. (thanks pete)

"that was before tour! you've known her for over a year, which is a completely okay amount of time to know someone to go for it! you're all bitter and stuff single." tyler pouted, pulling jenna closer to him. okay, now he was just showing off how great relationships are. rude.

"i'll think about it." josh huffed, turning his attention back to friends that had been playing the entire time.

"but josh! just go- wait, you're actually gonna think about it?" jenna stopped herself, surprised with how easily josh gave in.

"yeah, sure. if it gets you to change the subject." josh muttered, suddenly very invested in the drama with ross's lesbian ex-wife.

"deal! did you guys hear that theory that all of friends is in phoebe's head?"

-

josh was on his usual jog that he started ever since his mother tweeted tyler that she's only seen josh run to taco bell. he wanted to prove her and himself wrong, and it was doing wonders for his body. though his stomach was regularly compared to a fish's face, he didn't mind.

josh took his usual route running through the cemetery, glancing around him as he jogged. it wasn't to visit the gravestone of anyone who had died, it was just a short cut. he did like to read a lot of the grave stones though. he made sure to read mostly the ones that were old and worn, the years dating back to the fifties and sixties.

it might've seemed crazy, but he liked to read the names and remember them. so they could at least be remembered by someone in the years after they died. he'd think back to the names he saw on some gravestones when he was doing the most random things. it was cool for him to just make up lives for whoever he felt like.

josh ran through the paths towards the usual woods he'd go through to get back to his apartment, then he noticed something he was too invested in his music to notice. a girl was sitting on the path right in front of a gravestone. the gravestone was like all the others, except for the fact it had some a folder right next to it with a rock on top of it to keep it from flying away. there was a necklace on the ground around the rock.

the girl in front of the gravestone had her hair covering her face, a beer in her hand as she took a sip of it every so often. he wondered how long she had been there for. he wondered also why she looked familiar.

the wind blew onto her face and the girl's face was revealed. rosemary. who else? she seemed to be everywhere. she was writing in a small notebook, no, drawing. it was just a random drawing.

she didn't look back or to the sides, she just kept her focus on drawing and sipping her beer. josh decided not to address it, instead just continuing his jog and shaking the thought out of his mind. it wasn't his business.

though, josh did have a thing with inserting himself in other people's business. that showed through in a relationship he had once. he had almost forgotten about that relationship.

-

a/n: i seriously do miss your comments.

you shouldn't be made to wait for chapters whenever i feel like it. that's now how people should treat those who support them.

i'm gonna make an updating schedule for every other day, starting today. so on friday there will be a new chapter. it gives me something to do when i write so i'm not alone, so don't feel like i'm forcing myself. i really like this.

thank you for sticking around.

seriously.